Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Im seriously shocked!! such bad customer service....
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:35 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
I'm probably what you would call a nice customer. I don't buy 12 outfits at a time and return 11 of them three weeks later (including one that has obviously been worn). I buy what I need and only return it in case of a problem. And I imagine that most shoppers are like me.

But you're never going to meet me because I won't shop in a store with super restrictive return policies.

It's a shocking day when I return an in store purchase. So I'll shop in person at a store that has a restrictive return policy. I also look over each item carefully to make sure it's perfect.

But I will never shop online at a store that doesn't have a generous return policy.

Also, plenty of department stores have not the greatest customer service. I bought a dress once at Macy's for my daughter. She cut the tags before Yom Tov. On Yom Tov when she got dressed she noticed a hole (not any where near where the tag was, she was careful.) Macy's refused to take it back. That's when I started checking each item super carefully.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:36 pm
Ok seriously, oversights happen. And yes, we do check everything before we ship but even so..,

I work for customer service and people can be so nasty. Let’s say we sent something dirty.
I can assure you it was not on purpose. If that does happen, we will send you a return label on our dime and a full refund even if it was final sale obviously.

But people get so annoyed even when we try to please them- how dare you send me something dirty??? Even though I paid $10 for a blanket on sale that costed you $20…

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 12:23 am
If I order from a frum store in American I always do it on a good credit card where I can dispute the charge.

I'm not a terrible customer, but if I get something damaged or ruined, or something doesn't ship out until a month later and they refuse to refund me - I'll dispute the charge.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 2:29 am
"that's why I don't buy by Jewish stores" "that's why you should never step into Jewish stores again" "Jewish customer service stinks"
Are these comments only bothering me???
Who needs anti-Semitism when we have our own??
I now understand the quote "who needs enemies if these are my friends"
(And no, I do not own a store, or work in one. Neither do I exclusively buy only by Jewish stores)

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 2:37 am
On a different note...
Do you know what I find even more infuriating?
I was in a store and a woman bought back an item. the lady at the desk said "it's dirty", the woman acted so surprised, saying "my kids tried it on and I took it right away off it's impossible that its dirty from me.." the arguing went back and forth, I felt so awkward for the sales lady (not her store)
Seriously??? dont feel so entitled!! If it would be macys or gap or any other store would you do the same? And yes it IS yiddish gelt!!! Im sorry, but they paid for that item to be sold for profit and they can no longer sell it now only at a reduced price because you returned it dirty??

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 2:56 am
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
"that's why I don't buy by Jewish stores" "that's why you should never step into Jewish stores again" "Jewish customer service stinks"
(And no, I do not own a store, or work in one. Neither do I exclusively buy only by Jewish stores)

I hear what you are saying, but I've never encountered a non-Jewish store with return policies as restrictive as the ones in Jewish stores. Most businesses, even mom and pop stores, allow a week for refunds and give the refund in the form of purchase, not as a gift certificate.

I think I can count on my fingers the number of returns I've made in my whole life. I'm not a serial returner. But I do like to be treated decently, and to have problems resolved respectfully. That's part of the shopping experience.

shyner

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 3:03 am
I get very frustrated with customer services in some Jewish stores but there is a difference between some that will try accommodate and allow returns for a few days even if they will loose a bit and others who will do no returns and will try and get out of refunding faulty products.

But there are plenty of non-Jewish stores and websites who behave badly too (this is not to excuse the bad Jewish businesses) some of the fast fashion websites will resell returned items without checking if they are in resalable condition. People have received literally filthy items from them. There is a tv show in the uk where they find businesses who have bad practice and bad customer service and they do all sorts of hilarious undercover things to prove these practices and then tries to get the business to own up and change their practices (it’s really funny look it on YouTube joe lycetts got your back) basically the show ordered stuff from one of these very popular websites boohoo and they smeared the clothes with ketchup and they even put mayo on some underwear!!! The they returned them and try to order the same thing and they received the filthy on they had returned!!!! They then returned and reordered the same item a few times and they received it again and again!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 4:44 am
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
That is frustrating!
Are you sure you didn't make it dirty? Let's judge everyone favorably!

seriously?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 4:50 am
obviously im not going to stop shopping local jewish business bc of this.
im just not surprised at the end of the day about the customer service bc its happened to me several times when using a jewish business... be it with my sheitals as akallah (she never got back to me for months at a time, didnt answer the door when we had set appointments, gave me my sheitals a night (!!!!) before my chasuna and the lace front was sewn in upside down so I had a hideous sheital for sheva brachos...im also a baker and ive contacted a few in the ny area to purchase items... you wish they answer my emails, or show up to set meetings we had... list goes on and on

I find more professionalism with non jewish businesses and chain departments I have to admit

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 4:58 am
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
I hear what you are saying, but I've never encountered a non-Jewish store with return policies as restrictive as the ones in Jewish stores. Most businesses, even mom and pop stores, allow a week for refunds and give the refund in the form of purchase, not as a gift certificate.

I think I can count on my fingers the number of returns I've made in my whole life. I'm not a serial returner. But I do like to be treated decently, and to have problems resolved respectfully. That's part of the shopping experience.

If local shops wouldn't have restrictive store policies, they can close the shops. They wouldn't survive. I've seen people behaving so horribly in stores, it left me scratching my head. It's sad that the good people suffer because of the bad one's, but the stores don't have a choice but to have strict policies. The minute they have better policies, people will take advantage and abuse the policies. (Which they do in department stores.)

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 6:09 am
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
If local shops wouldn't have restrictive store policies, they can close the shops. They wouldn't survive. I've seen people behaving so horribly in stores, it left me scratching my head. It's sad that the good people suffer because of the bad one's, but the stores don't have a choice but to have strict policies. The minute they have better policies, people will take advantage and abuse the policies. (Which they do in department stores.)

Agree with this. This is not a case of which came first the chicken or the egg. These policies are a result of very inappropriate behavior among some of our crowds. The stores have no choice but to adapt such policies to protect themselves.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 6:10 am
Reality wrote:
It's a shocking day when I return an in store purchase. So I'll shop in person at a store that has a restrictive return policy. I also look over each item carefully to make sure it's perfect.

But I will never shop online at a store that doesn't have a generous return policy.

Also, plenty of department stores have not the greatest customer service. I bought a dress once at Macy's for my daughter. She cut the tags before Yom Tov. On Yom Tov when she got dressed she noticed a hole (not any where near where the tag was, she was careful.) Macy's refused to take it back. That's when I started checking each item super carefully.

I don't think it reflects on customer service if a store refuses to accept a return that is missing its tag.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 6:21 am
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
As someone that works for a yiddish clothing store I feel the need to point out the other side. Not talking about the OP I would definitely offer a replacement or a discount for stained merchandise (although you should consider that it might have gotten stained in transit I don’t think anybody would intentionally sell a stained blanket)
Now to all the other posters complaining about big chain stores having better return policies please remember that we cannot afford to do the things that they do.
Many people get upset that we are not as accommodating as say Zara where you have 30 days to make a return. As a consumer also like when stores have a long return window, but try to see it from the business owners perspective. Let’s say we get our winter line before rosh hoshana if we would accept returns 30 days later customers can bring it back after sukkos when our stuff is already going on sale. Another reason is that unlike the big chain stores we have limited quantity of each item. if you keep it in your house for a month people might come in for it and we tell them it is sold out and then we get it back at the end of the season when we can’t sell it.
Sorry for the long post, it’s something I wanted to say for a while.

No ones asking the Jewish stores for thirty days. Just a little decent service while shopping and maybe 2-3 days for cash. That’s all. You don’t want to know how many times I’ve been yelled at, degraded , serviced by grouchy people, etc. only in Frum stores. And I’m not a difficult or demanding customer at all. I own a small business myself so I know what it’s like to be treated nastily and would never do it to other businesses. I’m fairly easy to please in general. A smile and soft tone of voice goes a long way.

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 6:27 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
No ones asking the Jewish stores for thirty days. Just a little decent service while shopping and maybe 2-3 days for cash. That’s all. You don’t want to know how many times I’ve been yelled at, degraded , serviced by grouchy people, etc. only in Frum stores.

Imagine if a store has a 2-3 day money back policy. Someone gets 3 dresses in 5 sizes each and brings it back 3 days later. Meanwhile, others had wanted that dress & the store didn't have it, and they lost out on sales. If the policy is next day money back, it makes people think twice before buying tons only to return everything 3 days later. (And often dirty). Local shops are not department stores that have unlimited stock.
I've been serviced PLENTY by grouchy salespeople at department stores. Plenty.

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 6:28 am
So many of you just love to bash frum businesses, and it's honestly very distasteful.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 6:30 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
No ones asking the Jewish stores for thirty days. Just a little decent service while shopping and maybe 2-3 days for cash. That’s all. You don’t want to know how many times I’ve been yelled at, degraded , serviced by grouchy people, etc. only in Frum stores.

Nasty attitudes are always wrong, no matter the situation. And I also agree that there should be an opportunity for a money back option. At the very least give the buyer 24 hours to get money back. This is one policy that makes no sense to me business wise. It makes a buyer so much more hesitant to buy an item from your store, if there's absolutely no way to get money back for any time period whatsoever.

I also scratch my head at the same day, money back return policy that is applied equally across the board. If I shop at your store at 5, and you close the store at 6, there is no magical way I can make the round trip within the hour. I usually shop after work hours, and I can't tell you how many times I withheld from purchasing an item because of such no money back policies.

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 6:33 am
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
Nasty attitudes are always wrong, no matter the situation. And I also agree that there should be an opportunity for a money back option. At the very least give the buyer 24 hours to get money back. This is one policy that makes no sense to me business wise. It makes a buyer so much more hesitant to buy an item from your store, if there's absolutely no way to get money back for any time period whatsoever.

I also scratch my head at the same day, money back return policy that is applied equally across the board. If I shop at your store at 5, and you close the store at 6, there is no magical way I can make the round trip within the hour. I usually shop after work hours, and I can't tell you how many times I withheld from purchasing an item because of such no money back policies.

Most stores in my neighborhood have next day money back, except for erev yom tov when they need stock.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 6:34 am
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
So many of you just love to bash frum businesses, and it's honestly very distasteful.

No. We're having a discussion about a negative aspect affecting our shopping experiences within our communities. We're always encouraged to shop locally, so I don't why we can't (respectfully) discuss the reasons why many of us go elsewhere. It just may have a positive effect on some store owners.

I think we need a PSA on this board to clarify that discussing cons and downsides to something doesn't automatically equate to bashing. There's a boatload of grey area in between the two.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 6:45 am
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:

It's not antisemitism when these comments are coming from a bevy of bad experiences. Why on earth should I subject myself to snottiness, rudeness, and bad return policies if I know that's exactly what I will get in certain stores?

It's like avoiding a certain cashier in the grocery store that you know is very slow.... nothing to do with what they look like or their race/gender/whatever. They are just painfully slow and I wouldn't purposefully choose that!

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 6:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
im so annoyed!!

I ordered a bunch of layettes that were on sale and one of the blankets came dirty. I emailed customer service and they took over a week to get back to me:

Hi,
Did you try washing it? I am sure a little shout would take it off.

what kind of response is this?

out-rageous!!!!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics