Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Girls diaper rash used nystatin and desitin but no luck
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:53 pm
My baby was on antibiotics three weeks later she got rash by v. Area . Desitin for a week didn’t help. Doc said yeast infection so use nystatin. I used it few days twice a day it didn’t get better. Doc said use with every diaper change and with desitin on top. We’ve been doing it three weeks and still rash there. Any other ideas. It’s like red pimples

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby was on antibiotics three weeks later she got rash by v. Area . Desitin for a week didn’t help. Doc said yeast infection so use nystatin. I used it few days twice a day it didn’t get better. Doc said use with every diaper change and with desitin on top. We’ve been doing it three weeks and still rash there. Any other ideas. It’s like red pimples

It could be a staph infection. Did you try an antibiotic cream like mupirocin?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:54 pm
Don't know in this spicific case but Balmex is magic.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:57 pm
Start off with clean skin. Give a bath and make sure she is clean. (Don't use much baby soap on the direct area, just let her soak in a bath. Use baking soda in the tub if she needs soothing relief and wash down the rest of her body and bottom with gentle baby soap.)
Now smear Clotrimazole antifungal cream lightly over raw areas. Top with a heavy hand of Triple Paste. Seal it all in with pure cornstarch (like from your kitchen). Put her to bed with the clean treated diaper, and by morning it should start looking better.
Repeat the layers of cream and powder with every diaper change, but use the Clotrimazole part only 3 times a day. And make sure she is getting a bath each night and layering her up because that is when the real healing happens.

JustWondering

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:21 pm
Try Vaseline. I once had this issue and used some leftover antibiotic cream from my daughters previous rash, thinking it was a flare up of her previous issue. It didn’t work. Also desitin didn’t work. I googled it and someone mentioned Vaseline on a message board. I couldn’t believe it was as simple as that!

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:30 pm
Give her probiotics. It’ll help it heal from inside.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:34 pm
mr (miriam Rosrnfeld) cream and a little bit of powder. Amazing.
Yes and bathe and soak at least twice a day and change as soon as soiled

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:47 pm
Thank you everyone !

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:48 pm
Dr Shania in lkwd says use mupirocin (it's topical antibiotic prescription cream tht u can ask doc for) . I had same thing! N tht was only thing tht worked. Nystatin and even a stronger yeast med didn't work for my baby. She did develop another bad rash few mnths later n I did mupirocin again coupled w changing the diaper brand and BH cleared up very fast! Yeast infection r notorious for bieng super stubborn! Hatzlocha!

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:49 pm
please dont use any soap on your baby
even the natural ones are full of chemicals
"fragrance" is full of phthalates

let your baby be naked for as long as possible and to air out the area

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:13 pm
Have you reached back out to your doctor?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 11:40 am
Yes I have I went back few times, it gets better then gets bad again. He says to keep using the nystatin and some Bactrian and over that put desitin

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 11:46 am
Butt paste.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 11:48 am
Only triple paste works for me, it's the best. Also potato or corn starch on top

Bluepink

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 12:53 pm
What worked for my daughter, who was on strong antibiotics for a month and developed diarrhea and then a horrible rash-

I took a big bowl and squirted in nystatin for yeast, mupirocin (bactroban) for bacteria, hydrocortisone 1%, triple paste, and aquaphor. I mixed it and covered the bowl. I used a popsicle stick to apply some of the mixture after each diaper change. Worked great!

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 12:56 pm
Bluepink wrote:
What worked for my daughter, who was on strong antibiotics for a month and developed diarrhea and then a horrible rash-

I took a big bowl and squirted in nystatin for yeast, mupirocin (bactroban) for bacteria, hydrocortisone 1%, triple paste, and aquaphor. I mixed it and covered the bowl. I used a popsicle stick to apply some of the mixture after each diaper change. Worked great!
Sounds like a great recipe, I would leave out the hydrocortisone and see if it works without it.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 1:00 pm
Cornstarch is my secret weapon

Beingreal

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 1:05 pm
I use triple paste and it works like magic

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 1:08 pm
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
Dr Shania in lkwd says use mupirocin (it's topical antibiotic prescription cream tht u can ask doc for) . I had same thing! N tht was only thing tht worked. Nystatin and even a stronger yeast med didn't work for my baby. She did develop another bad rash few mnths later n I did mupirocin again coupled w changing the diaper brand and BH cleared up very fast! Yeast infection r notorious for bieng super stubborn! Hatzlocha!

Just to clarify, if mupirocin worked after nystatin didn't, that means it was actually not a yeast infection, but a bacterial one.

iloveme

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 1:20 pm
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
Just to clarify, if mupirocin worked after nystatin didn't, that means it was actually not a yeast infection, but a bacterial one.

OP, if it came out after antibiotics, then hers is prob yeast. use anti fungal 3 times a day and the rest, pile on loads of INOTYOL its an amazing cream. and ye, give probiotics!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics