Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Honey Chicken (Quick & Kosher)
Previous  1  2  3

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 7:24 pm
pickle wrote:
Are you supposed to leave the skin on the chicken or take it off?
With skin

pickle

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 7:27 pm
thanks ra_mom! I made it tonight for dinner and it got all eaten up. My husband especially liked it and said its so good that I should save this recipe for shabbos and yom tov and not just a regular week night!

Dini

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 2:35 pm
did anyone try this recipe with skins off? how did it come out and did you do anything different than original recipe?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 2:50 pm
Dini wrote:
did anyone try this recipe with skins off? how did it come out and did you do anything different than original recipe?
The skin gets really nice and crispy from the honey. Why not just pull it off before eating? It keeps the chicken moist.

Dini

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 3:17 pm
I already took them off, I always do, maybe I'll make a few more with on.

hanna2010

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 4:07 pm
I think I'm going to try this recipe with agave nectar instead of honey bec. of diet restrictions. any opinions out there?

gp2.0

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 7:03 pm
This was so yum! We all loved it. Thanks for posting!

happy mom1

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 10:25 am
ra_mom wrote:
Dini wrote:
The skin gets really nice and crispy from the honey. Why not just pull it off before eating? It keeps the chicken moist.

Where do you put the sauce, under the skin or on top?
If on top, what happens when you remove the skin, does it lose the flavor? (I always remove the skin, we like crispy chicken.)

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 5:37 pm
happy mom1 wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
Dini wrote:

Where do you put the sauce, under the skin or on top?
If on top, what happens when you remove the skin, does it lose the flavor? (I always remove the skin, we like crispy chicken.)
On top.
The chicken is very flavorful when you remove the skin. It's not the kind of sauce that only sticks to the skin.

wtvr

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 12:35 pm
Has anyone tried this with chicken breasts?

kidhugger

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 3:35 pm
Does anyone know if you can put potatoes/ carrots/ sweet potatoes under this chicken?
Or next to it? Thank you

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 3:43 pm
kidhugger wrote:
Does anyone know if you can put potatoes/ carrots/ sweet potatoes under this chicken?
Or next to it? Thank you

Better to place cut sweet potatoes in another pan and have the 2 pans bake side by side at the same time.
The timing and temperature will work for sweet potatoes.

kidhugger

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:25 pm
Thanks so much!
I thought that my kids would enjoy, and be more into, eating veggies with the flavor of the honey sauce and chicken. Do you think that would not work?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:35 pm
kidhugger wrote:
Thanks so much!
I thought that my kids would enjoy, and be more into, eating veggies with the flavor of the honey sauce and chicken. Do you think that would not work?

I wouldn't. I think it would be too strong for the vegetables and would take away some of the juicyness of the chicken. You can serve extra sauce on the side with the baked sweet potato or drizzle it on top once done.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 11:22 am
Do you think I could make stuffed capons using this recipe? I'd stuff the capons with rice and vegetables. I thought the honey chicken would be nice for Rosh Hashana but my family prefers capons over bone in chicken .

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 11:28 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Do you think I could make stuffed capons using this recipe? I'd stuff the capons with rice and vegetables. I thought the honey chicken would be nice for Rosh Hashana but my family prefers capons over bone in chicken .

Sure

DREAMING

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 1:20 am
I made this for RH and it was a big hit! Baked erev him Tov and reheated on a blech and still tasted moist and delicious. Thanks!

chestnut

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 7:13 pm
The sauce didn't stay on the chicken when I poured it. It's basically all on the tray bottom now. Is this how it's supposed to be?
I used maple syrup instead of honey. Now I'm thinking the proportion should have been different because of it.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 7:15 pm
chestnut wrote:
The sauce didn't stay on the chicken when I poured it. It's basically all on the tray bottom now. Is this how it's supposed to be?
I used maple syrup instead of honey. Now I'm thinking the proportion should have been different because of it.

The sauce is thin - it browns the top and gets absorbed into the chicken because it's pooled in the sauce on the bottom of the pan.

chestnut

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 7:23 pm
Yay, thanks so much!!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey