Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pesach in North Carolina

librarygirl

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 6:33 am
Does anyone know how I can find out if there will be a minyan in the outerbanks for pesach? Happy to chip in, daven, lain or help in any way. Please PM me, thanks!

doctorima

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 7:07 am
I have friends who went there several years ago, but they basically went with extended family and made their own minyan. They had a great time, but haven't gone back since because it was too far for many people to make it. I haven't heard of any other organized Pesach minyanim there, though they do exist in Sandbridge in Virginia Beach, which is a similar experience and also a bit closer.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 7:24 am
I don't want to derail this thread but at the same time are there non florida places that are warm and on the beach and near kosher food?

doctorima

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 8:21 am
There are villas in Arizona that are warm and driving distance to Phoenix, but not on the beach. For that you'd need Florida or a program in Cancun or the Caribbean.

librarygirl

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 2:58 pm
Hi, thanks for responding. I know about Virginia beach but heard a lot of people go and we're looking for something quieter. We're not interested in a program.

doctorima

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 3:42 pm
It depends on your definition of "a lot of people." The Sandbridge area is spread out over something like 4 miles, and most of the minyanim are relatively small and limited to a few extended families that are within walking distance and based on who has access to a Sefer Torah. I don't think you'll find much smaller on a beach, unless NC works out for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics