Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you hear about the new mutation from south africa?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 11:40 am
At this point they aren't sure have deadly it is, how fast transmission is, or whether the vaccine protects from it.

Is anyone concerned? I can't imagine lockdowns again but who knows?

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:32 pm
We actually have business tied with South Africa and therefore very into any information we can get. The information we have is that the vaccine is nog effective for this mutation.

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:34 pm
I read that it’s much more transmissible than delta- I can’t anymore!!
Amother snowflake- hope that typo wasn’t meant to say not effective!!! I’m in denial

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:35 pm
I'm not concerned. Hashem is in charge, hashem runs the world. The government and politicians are trying to show is that they can control the situation and they know how to treat it, but hashem is showing us that hashem runs the world.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:36 pm
There are already 3 people in Israel who have it.
This is so crazy.

momof2+?

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:37 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
I'm not concerned. Hashem is in charge, hashem runs the world. The government and politicians are trying to show is that they can control the situation and they know how to treat it, but hashem is showing us that hashem runs the world.

Okay so we know that.
But that doesn’t mean that the government and politicians won’t try to show how in control they can be over the next few weeks/months. That’s the part I dread.

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:39 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Okay so we know that.
But that doesn’t mean that the government and politicians won’t try to show how in control they can be over the next few weeks/months. That’s the part I dread.

They will keep trying to show that they're in control and hashem will be showing them who's ultimately in control.

keym

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:39 pm
Does anyone know how Merk and Pfizer's Corona medication is supposed to hold up against this variant?

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:48 pm
Here we go again. They said the delta was super contagious and dangerous in children and bh it hasn't proven true. If it is so dangerous why isn't Fauci limiting travel from those places where it's coming from like many other countries are?

youngishbear

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:50 pm
I think this new variant is the reason why very well vaccinated countries are having spikes in cases now.

And it's making me delay my booster shot as I wait for them to decide if it's at all helpful against the new variant.

imorethanamother

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:50 pm
It’s endless. And the constant ramping up of the hype and hysteria and anxiety in the media is emotionally exhausting.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:54 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
Here we go again. They said the delta was super contagious and dangerous in children and bh it hasn't proven true. If it is so dangerous why isn't Fauci limiting travel from those places where it's coming from like many other countries are?

They're first checking if the vaccine protects against the variant.

I suspect that it doesn't, in which case they will ban travel. I think they've already placed countries on high alert or red lists or whatever system they're using these days.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:57 pm
Maybe it's not a new variant. Maybe it's ade that scientists have been warning about...especially since this variant was found in vaccinated people.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 12:59 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
There are already 3 people in Israel who have it.
This is so crazy.

Hopefully the U.S. will ban travel from Israel

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:00 pm
eh whatever. I'm over it

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:01 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
It’s endless. And the constant ramping up of the hype and hysteria and anxiety in the media is emotionally exhausting.

The scariest part is that people are falling for it. First it was 1 shot, they promised it would help. Then a 2nd shot, now it will surely help. And now we're up to a 3rd and 4th shot. How are people still falling for it? Why does anyone with a drop of common sense believe the that vaccine helps?

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:01 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Hopefully the U.S. will ban travel from Israel

Naaaa it won't happen. The US cares least about their own citizens.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:03 pm
The scariest part is that people are falling for it. First it was 1 shot, they promised it would help. Then a 2nd shot, now it will surely help. And now we're up to a 3rd and 4th shot. How are people still falling for it? Why does anyone with a drop of common sense believe the that vaccine helps?

Agreed. If your first, second, and third vaccine didn't help, why would you run get a fourth? And why would you give it to your kids when it didn't even help you?

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:05 pm
Naaaa it won't happen. The US cares least about their own citizens.

They will just make the vaccination mandates stronger for citizens trying to work, while allowing thousands to trek in from the southern border and not care about their covid or vaccination status.

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:09 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
They will just make the vaccination mandates stronger for citizens trying to work, while allowing thousands to trek in from the southern border and not care about their covid or vaccination status.

Yup, spot on.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics