Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Doona - is it worth it?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 10:46 am
Due in a few weeks iyh. Figuring it which stroller to get.
I have an umbrella stroller from before but that's it.
Everyone is talking about the doona being amazing but I wonder if it's worth it. I don't have a car but I don't walk tons either. Use taxis or husband mostly, so whatever I'll get will be used mostly for cars or short walks upto 10 minutes typically.
Question is how long will the doona last me and can I manage with just the doona? For how long?
Or am I better off with a regular full carriage but that's harder in and out of car...?
Appreciate any advice and suggestions!

qwerty4

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 10:50 am
The doona is great for a travel carriage. I used it as a regular carriage until my baby was around five months old after which he was no longer comfortable for long stretches. You can still use it for walks until he outgrows the seat, which is probably at a year old, but he will be only in the reclining position in it and not able to see much.
On the other hand, as a car seat/travel carriage it was a lifesaver for me! I would highly recommend it (I do have a full sized stroller too).

Zehava

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 10:53 am
It’s great for travel but personally I don’t feel comfortable using it as my only stroller

Rabbit613

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 10:59 am
I use it for in and out of the car only. It's very convenient. I have a full sized stroller as well.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 11:03 am
So like going shopping/errands... is that considered travel? Or take a full size?
Which regular carriage do you guys recommend? Is a bassinet a necessity?

And If I only use the doona for a few months and only as a travel is it worth it?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 11:04 am
If your always in taxis you need a car seat for your baby.

You can do either a Doona or snap and go or use your stroller base and get as different car seat.

gonewiththewind1

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 11:36 am
In Monsey you need either the doona or the bugaboo bee
Everything else is a major pain in the neck. Anywhere else you can get something bigger.
(If you walk to the grocery for example.)
If you need to get into the car for every little things get something portable.

tweety1

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 11:39 am
I used the doona for travel for close to 2 years.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 11:41 am
SafeAtLast wrote:
Everything else is a major pain in the neck. Anywhere else you can get something bigger.

Yes, am in monsey. That's the point.
But is it either or or do I need both?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 11:45 am
I got the joolz aer stroller with a car seat adapter. The carseat goes on the seat so when baby gets 5 months I have the option to take the carseat out of the car. The stroller folds fast, is very lightweight and wheels really well I keep it on floor in front of the carseat in our minvan it's only a drop more cumbersome than the doona but I think it's worth it. Btw the joolz is on a great sale now on amazon.

gonewiththewind1

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 11:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, am in monsey. That's the point.
But is it either or or do I need both?

You don't need both for sure not right away.
After 6 months see what else would work for you.
You will have almost no use of the bugaboo fox, unless you are always walking to your mother, or your baby sleeps in it at the babysitter.

SG18

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 1:02 pm
I love the Colugo Complete, with infant kit for under 6 months. I lived in Monsey for a little while and it worked well. I use it as my only stroller.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 1:20 pm
I used the doona exclusively for about a year. It's great if you are in and out of the car a lot. Biggest con for me is no basket but I bought velcro stroller hooks from Amazon which was amazing. I bought mine used so I definitely felt it was worth it. If you can buy and resell and make back some of your money I think its worth it.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 10:21 am
SafeAtLast wrote:
You don't need both for sure not right away.
After 6 months see what else would work for you.
You will have almost no use of the bugaboo fox, unless you are always walking to your mother, or your baby sleeps in it at the babysitter.

Just adding, baby sleeps in bugabee just fine. If you want to splurge, add on the bassinet. After that, it lays very flat. Much better than fox which lays with legs up in air like a car seat or doona.

fmt4

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:49 pm
It’s not great for shopping because there is zero basket.

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:54 pm
You can hang on velcro hooks for bags.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:01 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:

I live in Monsey and I (and many others) don't have a doona or bugaboo bee. The easiest stroller to get around with is a stroller that folds easily and small.

amother
Snow

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:02 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:

Yoyo replace the bugaboo bee.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:02 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
You can hang on velcro hooks for bags.

I've seen many a doona tip over because bags were hanging. The doona is not made to have bags hanging at the sides.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 1:36 pm
SuperWify wrote:
If your always in taxis you need a car seat for your baby.

You can do either a Doona or snap and go or use your stroller base and get as different car seat.

Which car seat would be compatible to a bugaboo bee if I use that for the stroller base?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics