Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Chizuk please, exposed and baby needs to quarantine!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:02 pm
We were away for Shabbos and someone just tested positive. Everyone was kissing up my baby the whole Shabbos. DH and I are both vaccinated. We were told we don't need to quarantine but the baby does. There goes our Chanukah... So frustrated!
Thanks for listening!

Frumwithallergies

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:09 pm
Sooooo frustrating!
Sending you chizzuk!

rae

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:10 pm
And this makes sense to you?????

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:11 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]We were away for Shabbos and someone just tested positive. Everyone was kissing up my baby the whole Shabbos. DH and I are both vaccinated. We were told we don't need to quarantine but the baby does. There goes our Chanukah... So frustrated!
Thanks for listening![/quote

Girl, no. Maybe quarantine for 1-2 days and then test her. Or don’t.
And I’m pro vax. Puh-leezee.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:18 pm
And we wonder why covid keeps spreading Banging head

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:20 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
And we wonder why covid keeps spreading Banging head

Actually, it’s been reallly quiet in my neck of the woods. And even if it wasn’t, I’m vaxxed and not concerned. We’ve come so far with monoclonal etc..,

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:21 pm
Since vaccinated people get and spread covid too that makes no sense.

amother
Red

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:22 pm
I hope you're not considering separating from your baby.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:47 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I hope you're not considering separating from your baby.

Of course not, this means I need to be home from work though (just started a new job)!!!!! And can't go to parties because he can't come...

Thanks everyone for your chizuk! We are trying to figure out if this even makes sense, just not sure how smart it is to send to the babysitter...

Zehava

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:05 pm
Take your vacation from work and go to the darn parties. Have a good time. This is getting ridiculous

amother
Dandelion

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:25 pm
So refreshing to see in this thread that vaccinated people (like me) are moving on from the propaganda and fear mongering.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:34 pm
How old is he? Is he crawling yet? You can probably even take him along to parties and just keep him off to the side if he’s young enough.
I wouldn’t send him to a group babysitter though, kids all put the same toys in their mouths, that’s not right to do.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:36 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
How old is he? Is he crawling yet? You can probably even take him along to parties and just keep him off to the side if he’s young enough.
I wouldn’t send him to a group babysitter though, kids all put the same toys in their mouths, that’s not right to do.

Thanks! 10 months old, crawling everywhere

amother
Garnet

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:55 pm
Honestly I am going anon for this but my baby was at the sitter the whole time I had vivid (only found out a week in that’s what it was).

Depending where you live and what precautions people around you are taking but if everyone wins vaxxed and you let ppl know I would have no issue being with anyone that is not symptomatic. More worried about kids with snot and a barking cough near me than a baby that was exposed and isn’t coughing etc… you also don’t have To pass the baby around and in general should probably rethink doing that in the winter…

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:58 pm
Saw this and Twitter today, and reading this thread I can't help but shake my head in wonder.

How did humanity ever eradicate smallpox?

Seems a greater and greater miracle every day.

shaqued_almond

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:58 pm
Chanukah is 8 days. You can wait a few days, test baby, and then go party when it comes back negative.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 12:01 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Saw this and Twitter today, and reading this thread I can't help but shake my head in wonder.

How did humanity ever eradicate smallpox?

Seems a greater and greater miracle every day.

I’m not sure what your angle is, but smallpox was eradicated with a vaccine

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 12:02 am
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
Honestly I am going anon for this but my baby was at the sitter the whole time I had vivid (only found out a week in that’s what it was).

Depending where you live and what precautions people around you are taking but if everyone wins vaxxed and you let ppl know I would have no issue being with anyone that is not symptomatic. More worried about kids with snot and a barking cough near me than a baby that was exposed and isn’t coughing etc… you also don’t have To pass the baby around and in general should probably rethink doing that in the winter…

He already has a bad cough and cold that we were told is only nasal. The dr. did tell us though to keep an eye out for fever or if symptoms worsen now that he was exposed...

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 12:12 am
Recently, many adults got covid and their kids went to friends and school in my neck of the woods in Brooklyn. Dont worry so much. What you r saying in pretty ridiculous

miami85

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 12:13 am
We got Covid even though we were both vaccinated and my 19month old also got it and we were near my new baby niece on y"t b/4 we knew we were infectious (thought it was just a cold that I always get after sukkos) and we have no idea where we got it from. No one I know tested positive after exposure to us. In all honesty I feel like you are just as likely to get it as your baby. My 19 m/o was just "sick" for a few days--cough/runny nose/fever little miserable but after tylenol perked up she was sick for like 3 days.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics