Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby feeding schedule.

Beingreal

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 12:54 am
My mind is a blank. This is my 4th baby and this is a big gap from my last one. My baby is 6 months old and I don't remember solids and bottles. I increased her feeding by adding solids in the morning too, but I but do I give that to her first or a bottle?

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:01 am
always nurse/bottle first and then offer solids. nursing should be 4 hours apart (as opposed to like 2 or 3), so its 3 meals of solids. just look up EASY schedule for a good framework. and personally I do babyled weaning, way simpler than spooning mush.

Beingreal

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:46 am
How apart from bottle to feeding solids do I wait?

Beingreal

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 5:16 am
How much of a bottle before feeding solids? And how much solids should I give? Is 3/4 jar of solids OK? (my Dr is not really supportive and I am in middle of changing Dr's.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:35 am
Bottle first, as much as baby wants, and then solids about half an hour later. Baby is still meant to be getting the bulk of their nutrition from their milk so keep feeding bottles whenever you see hunger cues. Six months is just the beginning so you only need to offer one solids meal a day, and don't panic if you miss a day--but you can offer more often if you want.

SG18

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:56 am
We started recently. I always make sure baby isn't hungry by nursing first. Then, when we have a meal/snack, I'll offer her some of what we have (in a safe, age-appropriate way). But still no honey, and limited salt/sugar.
We only give as much as she wants. It can be 3 baby spoonfuls of butternut squash soup, or a meatball sized tuna patty, or two bites of sweet potato. It just depends on her mood and what we're offering.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics