Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is your school quarantining classmates?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 2:29 am
My school’s current policy is that if someone’s immediate family members have covid they need to quarantine but no one quarantines when exposed by classmates, even when it’s two kids who share a pod/ table.
What’s your school doing? How is it immoral not to quarantine when it’s a family member but ok when the school allows it?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 2:58 am
are the kids all masked at school? That's the only reason I could see not to quarantine classmates. Where I was last year they only quarantined kids who sat within 6 feet if the kids wore masks. Current school quarantines the whole class

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:47 am
Whole class and if they ride the school bus the whole school bus plus siblings.
My kids have been out of school a LOT this year

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:53 am
My school picks and choose who needs to quarantine for example anyone who sits next to . Or if you feel your kid should based on who’s positive. And then that class needs to come in masks for a week or something like that. My school picked my kid to be home based on something and bec she’s not vaxed but really it was her bff anyway. When we went to test her out and she was positive so the school must have been happy with there choice. it did not spread so much around the grade but a lot were vaccinated .

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 4:57 am
My kids' high school closed the whole school when 2 9th graders tested positive.

Our elementary school requires quarantine for siblings, but not for classmates.

mommyX2

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 5:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My school’s current policy is that if someone’s immediate family members have covid they need to quarantine but no one quarantines when exposed by classmates, even when it’s two kids who share a pod/ table.
What’s your school doing? How is it immoral not to quarantine when it’s a family member but ok when the school allows it?

If I understood your question, you are asking why do you have to quarentine when a family member has covid but not when a classmate? Spread within a fam is more likely than in a classroom setting so that's prob your answer.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 7:56 am
amother [ Hyssop ] wrote:
are the kids all masked at school? That's the only reason I could see not to quarantine classmates. Where I was last year they only quarantined kids who sat within 6 feet if the kids wore masks. Current school quarantines the whole class

No one is masked

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 7:58 am
mommyX2 wrote:
If I understood your question, you are asking why do you have to quarentine when a family member has covid but not when a classmate? Spread within a fam is more likely than in a classroom setting so that's prob your answer.

Considering right now there are 8 kids in her grade who have it, I am more than frustrated that they aren’t being more cautious.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 8:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Considering right now there are 8 kids in her grade who have it, I am more than frustrated that they aren’t being more cautious.

I’m not sure where you are but in NYS classmates who aren’t distanced are contacts and require self monitoring regardless of vaccination status and quarantining if not fully vaccinated. If your school isn’t doing that and are in NYS, they aren’t following the rules.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 8:02 am
Are most Frum schools across North America not masking? Our is very strictly masking and enforcing isolations

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 8:06 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
Are most Frum schools across North America not masking? Our is very strictly masking and enforcing isolations

Our OOT community has two day schools and is following state mask mandates and enforcing isolations.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 8:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yeah, in my school that's an outbreak that shuts down the whole grade...
If two grades get shut down, they put the whole school on zoom for the week. We've hit that point exactly once this year and haven't had a single case since then

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:00 am
My son tested positive in cheder and I was told if he has no symptoms he can come. So I guess that answers your question.
Tbh tho I don’t trust those tests much. The kids do it on themselves it’s all a moneymaking scheme.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:07 am
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
I’m not sure where you are but in NYS classmates who aren’t distanced are contacts and require self monitoring regardless of vaccination status and quarantining if not fully vaccinated. If your school isn’t doing that and are in NYS, they aren’t following the rules.

We live in Cleveland . The state has recommendations but no mandates. Some people have literally switched to the Mixrachi school over this, I don’t want to and my kids would never fit in but I am so uncomfortable with the way the right wing school is letting it spread and not taking precautions.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We live in Cleveland . The state has recommendations but no mandates. Some people have literally switched to the Mixrachi school over this, I don’t want to and my kids would never fit in but I am so uncomfortable with the way the right wing school is letting it spread and not taking precautions.

Hatzlochah. I know how you feel. I have not frum family in Cleveland and well, cleveland has both kinds of camps so to speak in and outside of the frum communities.

I’m in NYS and I switched shuls and social circles over this though not schools because yeah, it’s complicated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics