Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What is so special about a moncler coat?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 8:23 pm
It's between 1-3k dollars. What makes it so expensive?

HeartyAppetite

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 8:26 pm
The name, that’s it.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 8:29 pm
Because it's "in", and if you don't have it you'll be nebby.

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 8:47 pm
Ali express has alot of copies. Alot of pple are wearing the copy. Which is about 200 dollars.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:21 pm
A lot is probably the name. But, I got myself one on sale a few years ago. Besides for the fact that it's really pretty, I've never owned a coat that's half as comfortable. Though I can't attest that all coats from this brand are comfy...

Zehava

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:40 pm
Canada goose and moncler are supposed to be the warmest coats out there. And between these two moncler is the more fashionable one.
Love my Canada goose btw.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:43 pm
You don’t have to buy one but don’t obsess yourself with making those who do seem dumb.

It’s a great, warm, fashionable designer coat. There are many warm coats for a fraction of the price so you should be able to find something more reasonable if this is too much for you.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:51 pm
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
A lot is probably the name. But, I got myself one on sale a few years ago. Besides for the fact that it's really pretty, I've never owned a coat that's half as comfortable. Though I can't attest that all coats from this brand are comfy...

Yup. My mom has 3 different ones ( a rain coat, a down puffer and 3/4 puffer) and they have all lasted year and are great quality.

They used to get reduced more often now it’s rare to find them on sale.

Personally I won’t spend that much on a coat but I don’t knock those who do…

Oif.Simchas.

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 12:41 am
The name. Duh!

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:03 am
I’m a hot person and I don’t like wearing a winter coat unless it’s really cold. I have a Moncler jacket and it’s so warm I wear it until it’s like 30 degrees.

amother
Darkblue

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 2:54 am
A few reasons

1) the name
2) peer pressure
3) they are the most comfortable down puffers. They're light as air and yet extremely warm.
4) they look rich
5) they last years

I can afford Monclers but I can't bring myself to buy one, even though I've tried on a few and they are the most comfortable coats I've ever tried. The puffers are so puffy that they are almost exploding. When you squeeze them, they immediately puff back. Before I could afford one, I was extremely jealous of people who had them that now that I can afford it, I feel guilty causing people that level of jealousy. Instead I got a non-obvious designer coat in the same price point and it feels luxe without rubbing it in anyone's face. There's still a part of me that feels like I'm missing out, though, because of peer pressure.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:09 am
Hear they're extremely warm and comfortable lasts for years. Ali has great copies. The real cheap Ali not warm

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 10:25 am
Well of course it's partially the name but they are also extremely high quality.

Everything is better - better down and higher percentage of down filling. The actual fabric is higher quality as is the construction.

When people ask these questions, I wonder if they also can't tell the difference between a dress from H&M and a dress from an expensive line. In general a more expensive dress uses better materials; is made better and fits on the body better.

My friend has a Moncler jacket and there is absolutely no comparison between her jacket and a puffer jacket from The Gap just as there is no comparison between an Armani jacket and one from H&M.

I am not sure I would get a Moncler jacket for a growing kid unless I had other kids who it could be passed down to.

On the other hand, when I was in 10th grade and had stopped growing, my mother bought me the most beautiful sheepskin jacket from a shop that did Polish imports. It was embroidered and I wore the jacket for two decades and I loved wearing it. I have no idea what it cost but I wouldn't be surprised if it cost a lot of money adjusted for inflation Very Happy but my parents' expenses had gone down considerably that year and I was the beneficiary just in time for my mother to splurge about on clothing for my teenage years. Very Happy

Last edited by Amarante on Sun, Nov 28 2021, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 10:27 am
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
A few reasons

1) the name
2) peer pressure
3) they are the most comfortable down puffers. They're light as air and yet extremely warm.
4) they look rich
5) they last years

I can afford Monclers but I can't bring myself to buy one, even though I've tried on a few and they are the most comfortable coats I've ever tried. The puffers are so puffy that they are almost exploding. When you squeeze them, they immediately puff back. Before I could afford one, I was extremely jealous of people who had them that now that I can afford it, I feel guilty causing people that level of jealousy. Instead I got a non-obvious designer coat in the same price point and it feels luxe without rubbing it in anyone's face. There's still a part of me that feels like I'm missing out, though, because of peer pressure.

Same!
Wow, it’s nice to “meet” you. I think this is a unique but very much warranted sensitivity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics