Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Think table cloth , foam? To protect table Flatbush or bp

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:00 am
Hi all nyers
I just got a new table , solid wood
Any ideas what I can cover it with to protect it(under a tablecloth)
I once saw these foam thick tablecloth, things
Can anyone post what I can buy and where I can get tjem in Brooklyn?
Thanks!!

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:09 am
We had a glass guy come in and customize a glass covering. Beautiful and easy to keep clean.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:13 am
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
We had a glass guy come in and customize a glass covering. Beautiful and easy to keep clean.

My old table was glass and my table cloths always slipped off
I rather something else like those thick foam tablecloths

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My old table was glass and my table cloths always slipped off
I rather something else like those thick foam tablecloths

We always keep a vase of flowers (faux orchids) in the middle and the tablecloths don't slip off. But I hear you.

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 10:36 am
Is the table always covered? Not being snarky but what is the purpose of a beautiful wood table if it is always covered with a table cloth.

Under a table cloth, the traditional way to protect wood is to have pads made. They have a felt like thick base on the bottom and a somewhat waterproof material on top. Typically they would fold up for easy storage in a closet and be taken out to be put under a table cloth.

Or you can protect the surface and display the wood by having a custom glass made but that is expensive and somewhat impractical if the table is very large.

You can also have the top finished in which is called a "bar" finish which is what my mother did. A bar finish is almost impervious to normal spills although one still protects it from heat by using trivets the way one does for any surface including granite, marble or quartz.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 11:01 am
Amarante wrote:
Is the table always covered? Not being snarky but what is the purpose of a beautiful wood table if it is always covered with a table cloth.

Under a table cloth, the traditional way to protect wood is to have pads made. They have a felt like thick base on the bottom and a somewhat waterproof material on top. Typically they would fold up for easy storage in a closet and be taken out to be put under a table cloth.

Or you can protect the surface and display the wood by having a custom glass made but that is expensive and somewhat impractical if the table is very large.

You can also have the top finished in which is called a "bar" finish which is what my mother did. A bar finish is almost impervious to normal spills although one still protects it from heat by using trivets the way one does for any surface including granite, marble or quartz.

You're totally right, I have little kids so I rather just cover it

Anyone know what I mean about those foam table covers??

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 11:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You're totally right, I have little kids so I rather just cover it

Anyone know what I mean about those foam table covers??

If you are covering the table all the time for the foreseeable future then it probably makes sense to purchase the custom table pads which protect the surface. And can be used whenever you have a table cloth. Typically they are used so that people can use beautiful linen or other cloth tablecloths for formal occasions since the tablecloth doesn't provide the protection but the pads do.

Just google "custom table pads" and a bunch of options come up but I am sure there are local places as well.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 11:13 am
Yes I’m from Europe and have seen a lot of those “foam table cloth” Try putting in on amazon foam table cloth some come up

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 11:15 am
I got my foam covering at blossomblue on coney island ave and ave K

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 11:22 am
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
I got my foam covering at blossomblue on coney island ave and ave K

Ty...I will try go there
Do u remember how much it cost
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries