Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Does stuttering bother you?
Previous  1  2

Does stuttering bother you (be honest)
Yes  
 24%  [ 27 ]
Depends how bad  
 30%  [ 34 ]
A little  
 15%  [ 17 ]
No  
 29%  [ 33 ]
Other  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 112

amother
Bone

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 11:53 pm
I have a really hard time talking to someone who stutters. I need to be constantly be busy so waiting for someone to get their words out is not easy for me.

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 12:44 am
Why would anyone think less of someone with an involuntary speech impediment?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:16 am
Not at all. I wait patiently and make eye contact to let them know I can be patient for them and there's no rush.
Two of my kids stutter on and off depending on how confident they're feeling.

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 8:04 am
My ds has a bad stutter, and let me tell you, it bothers HIM! The poor kid can't get his words out, and he's embarrassed to talk to people outside the family. I would hope people have the decency to listen to him patiently even if you are bothered for some reason by the fact that he struggles.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 8:17 am
It doesn’t bother me and I don’t think less of them. But I tend to often finish people’s sentences (a struggle of my own, I wish I didn’t… it just comes out) and I wouldn’t want them to feel that I’m doing it because I’m impatient with their stutter. I don’t want to hurt people.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 10:19 am
Considering I married a pwrson who stutters, I would hope not!

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 11:19 am
No it doesn't bother me but please get help for your child if they do because it's hard for them to have confidence and can really take away the pleasure of any social gathering! I know someone who used to stutter terribly and now as an adult it's better but he still hesitates to go to social events!

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 12:57 pm
Dh stutters, and while I nearly ended things with him because of it, I'm so happy I didn't. I'm thankful to everyone who pushed me to keep going out with him, as he was (and is) everything I wanted. Also, once he got more comfortable with me, his stutter pretty much disappeared around me, although it still shows up around strangers. B"h it doesn't affect his confidence at all.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:01 pm
I feel frustrated on their behalf, like I could imagine it’s extremely frustrating. My father had Parkinson’s and I remember him just not saying things because it wasn’t worth the hassle of people trying to finish his sentence or saying what!?! A million times. he had been extremely chatty.
It would not affect my desire to want to listen to them, be their friend etc.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:10 pm
I have a super close friend that occasionally stutters, I do feel bad for her because she may feels uncomfortable but why would "I" have an issue with that?! imho it's selfish to get annoyed, or you're not a true friend!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics