Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
School menorah project not fire proof
Previous  1  2

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:11 pm
My son also made such a type of menorah. I didn't see it yet but I know they painted something . In the weekly sheet that he brings home friday it mentioned that they made a menorah but they will light in whatever menorah totty tells them to . Like this the boys won't be upset if they don't actually use it . My son has a different menorah he's very excited to use

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:13 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Do our children have the same Morah? Laugh

Preschool of an elementary school in Central Jersey?

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:23 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
It drives me crazy. One year I said something to the morah so from then on she made the kids cover the menorah with electric tape. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if that actually makes it fireproof? But I guess it's better than wood and nuts like it had been previously.

Electrical tape is not fireproof. It has some electrical resistance, and even that not much. In fact one of the ways fire investigators conclude that a fire is electrical in origin is the smell of burned or melted insulation. Please inform this woman that she may be making things worse. Burning plastic gives off much more toxic byproducts than burning untreated wood.

theoneandonly

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:32 pm
zaq wrote:
Electrical tape is not fireproof. It has some electrical resistance, and even that not much. In fact one of the ways fire investigators conclude that a fire is electrical in origin is the smell of burned or melted insulation. Please inform this woman that she may be making things worse. Burning plastic gives off much more toxic byproducts than burning untreated wood.

Good to know, thanks!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 5:33 pm
newmom1987 wrote:
We use one like this every year. No problems yet. I would just keep an eye on it. Happy Chanukah.

We don't. Not since the one my daughter made in Playgroup 27 years ago caught fire and burned up my dining room floor. The candles get too hot as you add more each night and they can melt backwards and cause a fire. BH we have fire extinguishers. I send home cute paper candles with the menorahs my playgroup kids make each year.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 10:42 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
Preschool of an elementary school in Central Jersey?

I have a kid there!

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:03 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I have a kid there!

Small world. Great projects though. Wonder if I know you in person Smile

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 5:43 am
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
Small world. Great projects though. Wonder if I know you in person Smile

Not in the preschool - though the school Facebook page highlighted this project. A kid in elementary and a kid in the middle school.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics