Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Attention in school therapists

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:19 am
My preschool son gets OT and speech in school. What would you prefer as a gift- an Amazon gift card or something like a Starbucks gift card? On the one hand, Amazon seems so impersonal but anything else is also too specific maybe for someone I don't really know?

bsy

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 10:21 am
Amazon is a lot more useful. I dont ever go to Starbucks etc

happy chick

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 10:28 am
Why not cash?

honey36

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 10:50 am
That's really nice of you! Honestly I would just be happy if parents acknowledged me at all! I also don't go to Starbucks, but I would happily pass on the gift card to my cleaning lady. It would save me from buying her a holiday gift 😜

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:01 am
I bought my sons morahs last year a gift card to a local non starbucks coffee shop. Kashrus wise there is very little to get at starbucks if your more machmir. A co worker got me a 20 e gift card last year and it was a waste since I like to patronize places that are chalav yisroel.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:05 am
I would not give a Starbucks gift card to a frum person- it is definitely not a given that he/she would buy anything there.

I have had my fair share of wandering around a Starbucks looking for something packaged, pareve with a hechsher just to use up a gift card.

Just give cash or Amazon gift card. I am a school OT and would totally appreciate it! It doesn't need to be a personalized gift. It is very generous to give anything! Most people don't (which is ok too!).

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:06 am
Amazon for sure.

The Amazon gift cards I get I use ASAP. I still have other gift cards floating around that I've never used to BB&B, Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks. I just don't shop at those places...

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:07 am
How much are you tipping children’s therapists?

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:26 am
I got $18 amazon gift cards for my children's therapists. In past years I have given Visa cards, or gift cards to local judaica or hosiery stores (like double header if you are in brooklyn). I once gave a therapist a nespresso gift card because I knew she had the machine and loves their coffee

As a therapist myself, though, I can tell you that anything is appreciated. If I got a Starbucks gift card I would probably save it for when we go on vacation or a long road trip, because that is the only time I go to starbucks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:56 am
Thank you all!

Truthfully, Amazon is easier because I can order it online so it's good to know it's better.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:05 pm
happy chick wrote:
Why not cash?

Not everyone has cash on hand, and getting to a bank to get money can sometimes be a pain in the neck.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:31 pm
Amazon is much more useful and it's the thought that counts - write a nice little note and call it a day.

Last time I got a Starbucks card it took me about 5 years to finish using it (it was like $10-15, I just use Starbucks that rarely.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics