Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lakewood 10th grader daughter out of school.

barbara1

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 10:42 am
My 15 year old daughter is out of school and I am looking for an interactive online high school program (socially interactive)and some good extra curriculum at least temporarily until she gets into a school. It doesn't have to be a jewish program as long as she wakes up and does something constructive. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:18 pm
I don't know of anything, I wish I did.

I just wanted to post here to let you know I'm sorry for what you're going through. My daughter didn't have a school over the summer and got in 2 weeks before school, it was a rough summer. I just saw no one posted, and I couldn't bear for you to think that no one cared. I do. I hope you find something soon! Thinking of you and wishing you all the best!

barbara1

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:34 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I don't know of anything, I wish I did.

I just wanted to post here to let you know I'm sorry for what you're going through. My daughter didn't have a school over the summer and got in 2 weeks before school, it was a rough summer. I just saw no one posted, and I couldn't bear for you to think that no one cared. I do. I hope you find something soon! Thinking of you and wishing you all the best!

Thanks I appreciate your support.
The hardest part of this nightmare is seeing how few people care as long as their children have a school.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:37 pm
Wow, I can't imagine. May Hashem make this difficult challenge be over in the blink of an eye. May she find happiness and peace in the best school for her. I am davening for her.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:38 pm
Which school was she in last year?

amother
Clover

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:38 pm
I care! I wish there was a way for you to post her name so I could daven for her, but I know that would be embarrassing. Give her a hug from me, she is just as deserving of feeling included in a school as any other girl.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:42 pm
I'm so, so sorry. I hope she gets into a school very quickly. My 9th grader got two new classmates since sukkos. Hopefully you will get in quickly also.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:44 pm
barbara1 wrote:
My 15 year old daughter is out of school and I am looking for an interactive online high school program (socially interactive)and some good extra curriculum at least temporarily until she gets into a school. It doesn't have to be a jewish program as long as she wakes up and does something constructive. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm so sorry.

What about

https://melamedacademy.com/

https://elyonacademy.org/servi.....my%20(EJA)%20is,Prep%20Schools%20in%20the%20country.

I don't know much about it, or if its "interactive." I'd say she needs some extracurriculars for social interaction.

Hatzlacha.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:47 pm
melamed academy or an online public charter school such as connections academy

barbara1

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
melamed academy or an online public charter school such as connections academy

I don't think melamed has any real virtual interactions between students and between students and teachers.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:54 pm
omg. I couldn't stop thinking about you. and all of a sudden I remembered this article I just read somewhere. So I just went through the Voice (11/25/21 edition), and on pg 180 there is an article about a newish high school called yotzer ohr. Have you heard of it? Of course, I don't know your daughter so I have no idea if appropriate, but thought I should post again to share. Their website is yolakewood.org.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:03 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
omg. I couldn't stop thinking about you. and all of a sudden I remembered this article I just read somewhere. So I just went through the Voice (11/25/21 edition), and on pg 180 there is an article about a newish high school called yotzer ohr. Have you heard of it? Of course, I don't know your daughter so I have no idea if appropriate, but thought I should post again to share. Their website is yolakewood.org.

Yotzer ohr is not for the typical bais yaakov girl. The girls are frum, but out of the box, they wouldn't go to Bais Kaila or Oros. It might work for you op, I don't know. But I just wanted you to be aware. I heard amazing things about them and supposedly the girls are very happy and doing great there.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:15 pm
I think chabbad has a zoom school.

Hatzlachah!

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:21 pm
I know a high school girl in Lakewood who is doing melamed academy. I know that she made friends from her online school from other states. I can confirm that it is melamed if you want.

I’m sorry your daughter doesn’t have a school now. Hug

singsong

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 1:35 pm
Jewish Online School has an excellent day school program. I believe they have high school classes this year.

The classes are live over Zoom, with a teacher and classmates. It's run by Chabad shluchim but it's a regular day school, not chabad slanted at all. You can pm me for more information.

https://www.nigrijewishonlines.....ewish

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 2:41 pm
barbara1 wrote:
I don't think melamed has any real virtual interactions between students and between students and teachers.

My kids went for a year. There is the ability for kids to interact and chat in the classroom.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 3:25 pm
barbara1 wrote:

There’s a new high school in monsey run by Mrs retek she accepts easily and people say it’s amazing

barbara1

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 3:30 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
There’s a new high school in monsey run by Mrs retek she accepts easily and people say it’s amazing

Thanks !Do you happen to have the contact information?

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 3:32 pm
barbara1 wrote:
Thanks !Do you happen to have the contact information?

I know it was discussed here with the number I will try and search for it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children