Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you get covid twice?

curlyhead

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:49 am
Did you get covid twice? if so how far apart? Was the second time milder?

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:47 pm
DH is having it now the second time.
He had Covid the first time at the very beginning, about 1 and half years ago.
The first time he was feeling 100% fine, the only symptom he had was that he lost his sense of smell, tasted things differently.

Now he has fever, headache and a cold. Like a regular fever:)

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:57 pm
I believe my husband also had it twice. The first time was right at the beginning pesach time. He was quite bad, though didn't have to be hospitalized. I had it about a month ago, and my husband tested "lightly positive" as well, though if I wouldn't have tested he wouldn't have thought of testing, as he was feeling perfectly fine.

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:58 pm
I know tons of ppl that had twice. Many ppl just aren’t testing anymore.

A nurse in a local dr office said they are seeing third time cases already.

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 2:01 pm
Several (more than 10 people) in my extended family had it twice. Most had it easier, but some did have worse symptoms. And others had more or less the same level in severity.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:02 pm
I had it 2x. First time at yhe beginning. My symptoms were fever, chills, headaches, no taste and smell... I was sick for 10 days. I took the vaccine 6 months ago and now 10 weeks pregnant and got a ever so mild case that if it wasn't for Chanuka I wouldn't have even tested. I just lost taste and smell.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:10 pm
had it bad twice. first time it lasted 4 weeks, second time same symptoms and severity, but lasted only 2 weeks. Was completely out of commission for that time. 11 months apart. tested positive for a antibodies 3 times in between.

SYA

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:29 pm
A friend had it March 2020 with a bad cough.
Got it after Sukkos this year (about 1.5 years later) and I as just a sniffle for the most part for a few days. Had 3 days of feeling very weak in the middle.

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:39 pm
My nephew has it again..still never recovered smell from his first bout...

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 5:41 pm
My good friend, an ER physician, had it THREE times before he was vaccinated. Each time just as horrible as the first. He's healthy, early 50s, no risk factors since everyone asks.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 5:58 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
My good friend, an ER physician, had it THREE times before he was vaccinated. Each time just as horrible as the first. He's healthy, early 50s, no risk factors since everyone asks.

I think the risk factors are connected to hospitalization and death. Not merely catching covid. I'm not sure there's been any study that concluded that healthier people are less likely to catch covid.

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 6:00 pm
No- just once and dont know anyone who got it twice

miami85

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:24 am
At this point it's endemic, its going to go around and around like the colds and flus we're used to. The biggest issue at the beginning was that no one had immunity at first and it was hitting hard, now the strains are getting more contagious but weaker. Even with flu vaccines, people still get hospitalized and die from flu/complications of the flu we're just not scared of the flu because it's "part of life". The notion that this will get "contained" and "fizzle out" is just not rational

tweety1

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:49 pm
Dh and I had it twice. For dh it was more or less the same both times. Maybe a drop worse the second time. For me it was much milder the second time. Lasted less days, I didnt loose my smell or taste the second time around. Dh didnt loose smell or taste either time.

chanee

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 2:28 pm
Had it twice 6 months apart. First time was much worse as a heavy flu last winter. Only me had gotten symptoms in entire household. (Only I was tested in the family then). Second time as a bad cold but lost my taste and smell for 3 days. Most of the family had it days apart mildly.(most of family were tested positive.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 2:33 pm
I had twice. About 18 months apart. Second time was much milder. No aches, did not loose taste or smell.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 2:45 pm
Several of DH siblings got it now for the 2nd time. They had it the first time back in March.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics