Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Constant ear infections
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 4:19 pm
Quote:
To the mother who said she took her child to an allergist, did your child have any other allergy symptoms other than an ear infection? I keep thinking about going to an allergist, but then I nix the idea because he doesn't have a single other symptom other than constant ear infections.

Yes and no. My oldest would vomit every time we gave him dairy formula (I was nursing, but supplementing a little). We realized pretty quickly it was the formula and I stopped giving it to him. Other than that, just ear infections until he was 5-6 months old. Then he started with really bad eczema. It wasn't until after we tested that we found out he was anaphylactic to some foods. With my 2nd and 3rd it also started with ear infections only and then shortly after eczema.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 5:06 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
ugh . how is it going to stay in her ear, sounds uncomfortable? one clove?

I cut it in half. It should fill the ear. It stays in because the bandaid keeps it in. The wet cut side face down. Depending on the age, a round small bandaid will work better.

Ugh for sure! But what wouldn't I do to help dc. DC is ok by the next morning. I myself suffered terribly from ear infections until the age of 8 so I clearly remember the severe pain.

It doesn't cost you anything. Why not try it once?

Sima1

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:29 pm
Can you clarify how you put the garlic in? You cut in width and then the cut part is in contact with skin- facing the inner ear ? Is it too strong to have the open part sit on the skin for so long?

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:55 pm
Sima1 wrote:
Can you clarify how you put the garlic in? You cut in width and then the cut part is in contact with skin- facing the inner ear ? Is it too strong to have the open part sit on the skin for so long?

That's what I used to do. Cut a small piece to fit in his ear. I don't remember if I put the cut/open side touching his skin, or thr other way around. Either way should be good.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:22 pm
I’ve done the garlic multiple times and I think it helps with the pain. There’s also special garlic oil they sell at health food stores specifically to put in ears - definitely brought relief. For my child, what actually cured the recurring infections was seeing a chiropractor. The adjustments allowed the fluid to drain and once I started going (consistently once a week for 2-3 months and then stopped) my child had no more ear infections!!! This is a child who was getting infections every month for two years. And this was also after getting tubes!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics