Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Iso inexpensive good immersion blender?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 3:05 pm
do you have a recommendation?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 4:30 pm
In general you get what you pay for. The cheap ones have low wattage and break quickly. Go for middle of the road but I would say at least 500w or 600w. Braun is good. I find I don't use the extra accessories so it's not worth paying for them.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:24 pm
The cheaper ones break or scratch the pot.
Buy a Hamilton Beach if you need it for just a few times. But also don't expect too much.
Or spend $60 on a Braun which is best.

Amarante

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:39 pm
I also have a Braun with a stainless metal rod. When I was reading reviews they r3cimmended the steel rod for both strength and also because it doesn’t stain.

Mine did come with accessories and I do find several useful. Mine came with a beaker container which was the perfect size for smoothies and the blender makes fabulous smoothies. Mine also cake with something that works as a mini food processor. Since I already had a mini Cuisinart, this wasn’t useful to me but if you don’t have a mini size, it would be very functional. Mine also came with an attachment for whipping and this comes in handy if I need to beat egg whites because you can’t have any fat in the bowl or blades so it saves me having to wash the Kitchenaid mixer in the middle of things.

As others have posted, a good immersion blender is a very functional appliance. I tossed out my standard blender.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:00 pm
https://www.saksfifthavenue.co.....aw.ds

Is this a good one?

nicole81

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:07 pm
I got a good Cuisinart at Nordstrom rack (in store) for $30. If you live near a Nordstrom rack, century 21, or similar type store, it might be worth it to see if you can pick something up there. They sometimes have option in store that aren't on the website.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:13 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I got a good Cuisinart at Nordstrom rack (in store) for $30. If you live near a Nordstrom rack, century 21, or similar type store, it might be worth it to see if you can pick something up there. They sometimes have option in store that aren't on the website.
thanks I don't live so close to Nordstrom rack.

torquoise

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:17 pm
After owning several hand blenders, some cheap, some pricey, my favorite is the Amazon Basics hand blender. $30. It's solid, stainless steel, has incredible power, and does a really good job.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....5242b

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:49 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
In general you get what you pay for. The cheap ones have low wattage and break quickly. Go for middle of the road but I would say at least 500w or 600w. Braun is good. I find I don't use the extra accessories so it's not worth paying for them.
The braun I saw is 400 watt is that good? which braun do you have?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:50 pm
torquoise wrote:
After owning several hand blenders, some cheap, some pricey, my favorite is the Amazon Basics hand blender. $30. It's solid, stainless steel, has incredible power, and does a really good job.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....5242b

This is a good price. So do I get the braun for 45 or the amazon for 30?

torquoise

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is a good price. So do I get the braun for 45 or the amazon for 30?

I've never tried the Braun, but when I'm in this position, I try the cheaper one first. You have 30 days to return it if for some reason you don't like it.
I think the Amazon is excellent quality, not sure how it can get better. But if your really not sure, maybe order both and decide which you like better and return the other one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics