Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Regretting eBay sale. Cancel?
Previous  1  2

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 8:35 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
You can cancel but you may lose your ability to sell on eBay. It depends whether that bothers you. The very first thing I sold on eBay the buyer backed out and didn’t pay. It’s been 12 years and I haven’t really touched the site since. People are so flaky on there and I don’t like to deal with it as a seller or buyer. I’d say that the buyer wouldn’t be terribly shocked if you canceled. It’s kind of how things work on eBay. Not the same as selling in an actual store at all.

Interesting. I’m using eBay for almost 20 years and have had this maybe a couple of times.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:55 pm
cnc wrote:
Interesting. I’m using eBay for almost 20 years and have had this maybe a couple of times.
Maybe I just have bad luck.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm aware that it will lower my ratings but I'm not sure I care that much. Like I said, I barely sell things on eBay.

write to buyer you apologize, you didnt realize it was already sold on a differnt platform, and you aplogize.

Ellie7

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:30 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
write to buyer you apologize, you didnt realize it was already sold on a differnt platform, and you aplogize.

So, she should lie? How does that make anything better?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:45 pm
OP, this happened to me when I sold the first 2-3 items on eBay. I took the loss on me and did ship the gorgeous item even if it sold for $1.

I quickly learned that with auctions, especially if the dress is not a well known brand name, the price won't go up. With such an item, it's necessary to think while listing that the lowest bid offer is what the price will be in the end.

Signed by someone who sold lots of used clothing on eBay.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics