Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Shul Secretaries

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:53 pm
DH is the Rav

What to gift his secretaries, both female
They do a lot in the office

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 3:09 pm
Cash. The only gift I want from my boss is a cash bonus. That he appreciates my work. Any time hes gotten me an actual gift it was not anything I actually liked.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 3:31 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Cash. The only gift I want from my boss is a cash bonus. That he appreciates my work. Any time hes gotten me an actual gift it was not anything I actually liked.

Echoing this. Holiday bonus is the best and most needed gift.

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 4:48 pm
I'm a shul secretary. Mid 30s. I would be open to something nice, maybe a nice judaica item. Or a gift card to a local store/restaurant. I think it should be similar to a teacher gift - respectful, not too personal. But cash or visa gift card is always a good option if you can't decide on a gift item.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 5:44 pm
The shul is giving them a bonus already
DH is the Rav not the boss,
The board of directors gives them the cash bonus
DH and I want to give them something extra to show we appreciate everything they do.
They really take care of him.
1. They make sure he eats
2. “Throws” him out to go home and rest a bit
3. Screen phone calls
4. Make sure he has where to eat over Shabbos if I’m not in town (which happens often)
etc.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 5:59 pm
Unless you really know what someone would like, an amazon gift card is the best gift.

They can pick out exactly what they want and they aren't limited to a single store.

I have gift cards from 10 years ago or more which I never used because even though I theoretically shopped at the store, I never had it with me when I was buying. My friend got a gift card from a nice store but everything she liked was more than the gift card and she never wanted to spend that much money.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:09 pm
amother [ Bottlebrush ] wrote:
Unless you really know what someone would like, an amazon gift card is the best gift.

They can pick out exactly what they want and they aren't limited to a single store.

I have gift cards from 10 years ago or more which I never used because even though I theoretically shopped at the store, I never had it with me when I was buying. My friend got a gift card from a nice store but everything she liked was more than the gift card and she never wanted to spend that much money.

I feel funny gifting them an Amazon gift card since the boys from the Teen’s minyan get them on a weekly basis.
Perhaps a new book, but I don’t know what’s out there that youngish ppl would like
Or a nice box of chocolates for Shabbat Chanukah
Or some type of serve ware or household gift

I can’t spend more than $100 on each- 2 secretaries

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:20 pm
Do you have a local judaica store? If yes gift them something from there with the gift receipt so they can exchange if they want.

Maybe a bencher set/holder, washing cup & towels, candle lighting bracha card.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The shul is giving them a bonus already
DH is the Rav not the boss,
The board of directors gives them the cash bonus
DH and I want to give them something extra to show we appreciate everything they do.
They really take care of him.
1. They make sure he eats
2. “Throws” him out to go home and rest a bit
3. Screen phone calls
4. Make sure he has where to eat over Shabbos if I’m not in town (which happens often)
etc.

I dont know what circles you belong to, but in my limited undersanding of yeshivish tznius between genders, I would think you, ther Retetzin should buy the gift card (cash, amazon) with you write a note of appreciation (you can detail what or a poem etc) and sign Rabbi and Rebbetzin Schwartz (exmaple) in your handwriting.

a man shouldnt be generous to other women. IMHO. Especailly not a rav

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
I dont know what circles you belong to, but in my limited undersanding of yeshivish tznius between genders, I would think you, ther Retetzin should buy the gift card (cash, amazon) with you write a note of appreciation (you can detail what or a poem etc) and sign Rabbi and Rebbetzin Schwartz (exmaple) in your handwriting.

a man shouldnt be generous to other women. IMHO. Especailly not a rav

Of course
I wasn’t thinking of doing anything different
And this is not a Yeshivish community but we do not cross tznius lines.
Sorry if this wasn’t clear in my post

Raisin

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:08 am
a gift card with a box of really good chocolate? amazon, or other online store maybe. Or the local Judaica shop.

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:15 am
100% Judaica shop gift card. This way they get exactly what they want and it's a gift with "yiddishe taam", appropriate from the Rabbi!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:24 am
if not cash then a 100 dollar visa gift card with a heartfelt card of appreciation would be best liked by many!
Judaica store gc is a good idea too.
Most of us don't really "need" the chocolates or more random gifts etc. though everything deserves a sincere thank you.
So thoughtful!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:58 am
[quote="Raisin"]a gift card with a box of really good chocolate? amazon, or other online store maybe. Or the local Judaica shop.[/quote
I think this is going to be best

singleagain

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:35 am
What about something for their desks? Something that they might appreciate but that the bosses are necessarily willing to buy because it's considered an extra like you know an upgraded office supply?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics