Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO of excellent bra to wear with gown for a Simcha
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:34 am
Im trying to find out what is recommended as an excellent BRA for someone who is a 34A. The store recommended a certain one, but its a B cup and up. Whats a small chested gal to wear? Help and links appreciated! TY

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:38 am
Try getting professionally fitted they'll try a few and see what works not always the number or cup size... so.e can be altered to fit better

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:46 am
ugh I am also so small. I stopped going to stores because all those bras that I bought ride up.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:41 am
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
Try getting professionally fitted they'll try a few and see what works not always the number or cup size... so.e can be altered to fit better

Ty, but id like to shop online Smile

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:42 am
This is something you need to get fitted for. A cup size means nothing.
Take along the gown. It needs to fit the particular gown style.
Where do you live?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:43 am
I'm a 32A. I asked the store for a good bra for under a gown, they gave me a Vabien bra. If you want a good fit, I suggest you go to the store to get fitted properly. An ill fitting bra can make a gown look really bad on.

Simcha36

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:17 pm
vabien brand is compressing terribly. I would not surviove 5 minutes
(expert store fittting)
never used it. use a more comfy fit
bridal salons have a suggested model, for tznius reason wont post publicly, feel free to pm

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:22 pm
I love my natori bras. I’m a 32 c, I think. Or maybe a 32 b.

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:36 pm
I am a way different size (huge lol) and I avoided getting fitted like the plague. Not my idea of a good time.... But I finally bit the bullet one time when I was in a rush and didn't have time to try on a million bras to find the right one. The whole ordeal took 10 minutes and I was done with an AMAZING fit. Totally worth it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:23 pm
Where in Brooklyn will I not be traumitized. I have nightmares from my youth from certain stores and people that made me feel super uncomfortable. My girls refuse to go anywhere either and I have no udea where to go. I cant deal with crowds, pushy sales people and being touched all over.

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where in Brooklyn will I not be traumitized. I have nightmares from my youth from certain stores and people that made me feel super uncomfortable. My girls refuse to go anywhere either and I have no udea where to go. I cant deal with crowds, pushy sales people and being touched all over.

I don't know what kind of experience you've had. I'm not self conscious usually, and I've been fitted at a bunch of places (including Nordstrom, Macy's, saposh, and others). Most recently I started going to myself in boro park. They're amazing, beyond any of the other places I've gone. Respectful of privacy, not pushy, listen to what you like and don't insist, and really wait for you to be comfortable. They alter everything at least just a bit to get the straps and fit perfect, and do more major alternations too. I originally went there for a bra for under a gown when I was just stopping nursing and was very saggy and have gone back twice since.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Another vote for myself lingerie. Great experience bh.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:59 pm
Ivory fitted me while wearing a shell. They said it isn't necessary to take it off. They also checked the fit while I was wearing a shell.
They aren't such great fitters though.
Maybe go somewhere good and ask if you can stay in your shell.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 22 2021, 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:01 pm
Go to Saposh

Ask for lots of padding

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:05 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
Ivory fitted me while wearing a shell. They said it isn't necessary to take it off. They also checked the fit while I was wearing a shell.
They aren't such great fitters though.
Maybe go somewhere good and ask if you can stay in your shell.

They can't see the proper fit with a shell on. It's impossible. Some places will tell you to put a t-shirt/shell on with the new bra to make sure you like the shape.

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:09 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Go to Saposh

Ask for lots of padding

My experience at saposh is that you need to ask for shifra to get a proper fitting or you need to be assertive. I had someone else there, she didn't listen to what I wanted, what I thought, or what I preferred. I was intimidated and bought 2 bras, with alterations on both. I literally had bruises a couple days later. I went back and shifra (I think she's the owner) was great. She took back the unworn one, did more alterations on the one that bruised me, and told me to try it. It still was a bad fit. I went back and she took it back, and she fitted me herself and I got two different bras that I was fairly happy with. ( I made a post here asking for advice when this happened, cant find it though.)

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:12 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
They can't see the proper fit with a shell on. It's impossible. Some places will tell you to put a t-shirt/shell on with the new bra to make sure you like the shape.

Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 22 2021, 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:16 pm
I went to Myself before my wedding (7 years ago now lol) and they were terrific. I had spent the entire year prior as a single running around to expert fitters at nordstrom, a high end boutique in Boston, etc etc. Myself was amazing.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im trying to find out what is recommended as an excellent BRA for someone who is a 34A. The store recommended a certain one, but its a B cup and up. Whats a small chested gal to wear? Help and links appreciated! TY

I'm a 34A and the shop recommended 32B in this particular bra for an awesome shape underneath. But you can definitely get it in a 34A. The bra gives a great shape.
https://myselflingerie.com/pro.....w_wcB

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:26 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
Aren't you contradicting yourself?

No.

The fit is one thing. Like, if anything is bulging out or gaping and unsupported or digging in.

The shape is how it will look under clothes. Some like it higher, or rounder, or more separated, some like it to look... pointier? I don't know if that's the right word, but it's like a beak type shape...and some like more of a pushed together look...and so on.

That's why they tell you to wear a shell or t-shirt on top of the bra because they're form fitting and show you the profile the bra gives you.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics