Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Do your DDs like when they have same clothes as a classmate?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:28 am
Whenever my early elementary DDs find out that a friend of theirs or a classmate has the same dress as them, they are thrilled they get to "match". I'm glad they view it positively and not negatively, since we live OOT and many people shop online at the same frum websites. I was worried they would be mad that I inadvertently bought the same dress.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:31 am
At a certain age, yes (lower elementary school). Later on - NEVER.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:31 am
Yes they think it’s cool to match in lower elementary

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:36 am
my dd is in 6th grade. this past summer she would plan to match with best friend. they both got robes from dwd. in general she's fine with having same clothig. we live oot and my daughter isn't really in to fashion ...

shmosmom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:57 am
I became fast friends in Kindergarten with the girl who wore the same dress as me on the first day.
Definitely depends on age.

nicole81

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:15 am
my elementary and middle school aged kids love it. My 5 and 11 year olds came home from shul super excited a few weeks ago that a girl had the same dress as one of their shabbat dresses.

My highschoolers I don't think would care. They wear hoodies every single day and night as do their friends. There are so many different and unique hoodies out there, I think they'd be amused if a classmate had the same one and it would be a conversation starter (they wear custom bat mitzvah hoodies, random ones from vacation locales, elementary school hoodies, swag type hoodies from random companies, hoodies from the school where I work with my name on it, random links they send me, etc)

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:43 am
Even one preschool teacher was also excited. She would send home a picture of dd and another girl wearing the same dress and wrote something about twins...

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:49 am
Omg my 6 yo it totally makes her day!!!! 8 yo likes it to but she's part the super excited stage.
My 2.5 year old will find anything to match, like similar colors or design and he sings "same same same same!" Then you are never allowed to take it off.

Another reason to shop local. The probability of it happening is higher LOL

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:51 am
Chayalle wrote:
At a certain age, yes (lower elementary school). Later on - NEVER.

I can imagine.
In 8th grade I wore the same "argyle twin set" (remember that fad?) As one of my teachers. Neither of us wore it again. Rolling Eyes

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:51 am
My boys like when they match their friends. One day my then 4 year old came home. He told me there was a nes and his friend Lazer is now part of the family because he had the same sweater and shoes!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children