Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you leave dishes in the sink?
1  2  Next

Do you leave dishes in the sink?
Dishes are washed right away  
 8%  [ 17 ]
Dishes are left in the sink for a few hours  
 22%  [ 46 ]
Dishes are left overnight in the sink  
 34%  [ 69 ]
Dishes are left for a few days in the sink  
 34%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 202

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:26 pm
for how long, a few hours, overnight, a few days?

s1

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:43 pm
Most of the main dishes and cutlery get washed every evening, the pots and pans often stay overnight or two nights and sometimes my cholent pot stays soaking in til Tuesday. I also don’t mop my kitchen floor every week, downstairs gets hoovered once a week and upstairs once every couple of months. No one ever makes their beds. My fridge and oven haven’t been cleaned since pesach. The only thing I’m “makpid” on is cleaning the toilets regularly and the kitchen table and most used kitchen surfaces are cleaned every night. No one has ever got ill due to my lack of cleaning and the house looks tidy for the beginning of shabbos.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:53 pm
I was in the evenings. If my maid is coming the next morning, I leave it 👿

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:55 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I was in the evenings. If my maid is coming the next morning, I leave it 👿

Same. If my cleaning lady is coming, sometimes I’ll leave stuff in the sink for her. Also sometimes I soak things overnight.

iyar

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 6:00 pm
Sometimes.

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 6:03 pm
Once upon a time when the sink was within reach I would wash dishes every night.
Now it patiently awaits the cleaning lady.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 6:05 pm
And when my cleaning help comes is when I clean!
(Both embarrassed and don’t want a kashrut faux-pas/missing thins as she puts them in the wrong place or shopping bags in the back of the closet)

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:23 pm
I wash immediately and sometimes mid task like if baking I’ll wash the bowl I checked the eggs in or whisk I beat eggs with before going on to next step.

If dh does dishes he might do some and leave the rest for later or leave the whole mess a few hours or overnight which annoys the bejeepers out of me. We have mice, need I say more?

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:25 pm
Are you asking leto’elet, and if so, what to’elet might that be?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:29 pm
I wash right away if there's time, but otherwise they stay in the sink until I wash up before bed. My mother always made sure the kitchen was clean before she went to bed and I do the same, even though I'm not the greatest housekeeper. I rarely leave anything overnight unless it's a really baked-on pan that needs to soak. Then I add a good amount of soap and soak until I can wash it the next day.

nicole81

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:41 pm
none of the above. We have one sink and a meat dishwasher. Dishes go straight into the dishwasher. We usually run a load every night but if for some reason it's not at least half full, yes we will leave it until the next evening with the door closed.

For dairy, we have a bin on the counter that we drop items in throughout the day. The rule for our kids is that they must wash any dairy items they dirtied before they go to bed. They're not 100% with the rule yet, in which case we do let it sit and it becomes a "welcome home" present after school the next evening.

but nothing in the sink.

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:03 pm
I’ve had in house help the last 2 years and she cleans up at night. The longer she’s with us the worse it’s gonna be when she leaves... as is I really struggle when she’s gone for 2 days every other week..

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:19 pm
Zehava wrote:
Once upon a time when the sink was within reach I would wash dishes every night.
Now it patiently awaits the cleaning lady.

You OK? Or is this good news that makes it difficult to reach the sink?

tweety1

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:19 pm
When I myself use any dishes I wash it right away. Like literally that minute. But if its a pot with food and kids are still eating I try to wash it first thing in the morning unless I know my cleaning lady is coming.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:10 pm
I rinse everything off immediately when I put it in the sink. Every single thing, there’s never anything visibly dirty or smelly or attracting bugs in there. Of course they still need to be soaped and sanitized, but with this in mind, I will let stuff pile up for even a few days.

What category does this put me in?

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:56 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
You OK? Or is this good news that makes it difficult to reach the sink?

Thanks for asking😊 I’m alright. Just making a person from scratch😏

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:09 am
A few days usually. No dishwashers here and I hate doing dishes. I feel like it's this never ending activity.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:46 am
Yay that such a large percentage chose the last option!! Whew, I feel so normal! Very Happy

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:52 am
Most days I'll put the dishwashers on at night and wash by hand the parve. Drying and putting away hand washed stuff is usually the next day unless my kids do it.

Success10

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:06 am
36% leave in the sink for a few days? I love polls on this site! I think people actually answer honestly.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics