Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Poem - Pull up in front of my house - anyone?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 9:00 pm
When I was in 7th grade, my teacher had us read a poem that was written in a newspaper in Colorado during (or shortly before) the Holocaust. I believe it was called "Pull Up in Front of my House." It's different than the poem "first they came for..."

The poet's idea was that if the Germans are coming to take the Jews who have contributed so much to the world, then he, the poet, wanted them to pull up in front of his house and take him along with the Jews, since clearly they do so much for the world.

I cannot seem to locate the poem anywhere. I've tried all variations of Google searches, but nothing doing. I seem to recall that the poem was controversial at the time of publication and may have even been removed, which could be why I'm having a hard time finding it.

Does anyone, by any chance, know what I'm talking about and have a copy of it that they can post?

TIA

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 11:27 pm
Yes, you described it well. I remember it. But I don’t know the name. Maybe try a search with “come”?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 11:04 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Yes, you described it well. I remember it. But I don’t know the name. Maybe try a search with “come”?

What do you mean?

Anyone else?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:17 pm
Bump - it's driving me crazy. Anyone?

nicole81

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:31 pm
I love a good google challenge! Here you go; it's quoted within the remarks by Abraham Mutler.

https://books.google.com/books.....false
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room