Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Iso Really Leakproof rectangular food containers?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:31 pm
I have bought food containers in the past that claim they're leak proof and they're not. Which rectangular food containers do you have that are leak proof even if they're upside down or sideways? bpa free. not small and not big.

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:42 pm
Brand name anything. I have ziploc and glad for milchig because they’re blue and Rubbermaid for fleishig because it’s red. If you close them properly they shouldn’t leak

Elfrida

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:25 pm
Lock and Lock.

Literally never had a leak from them. They completely airtight, and I also use them to store grains and other food that has a high risk of infestation. Never had a problem with that, either.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....dsWqF

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:37 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
Brand name anything. I have ziploc and glad for milchig because they’re blue and Rubbermaid for fleishig because it’s red. If you close them properly they shouldn’t leak
rubbermaid brilliance containers said they're leakproof but they have leaked by me. Which type of ziploc and glad containers are good?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:41 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Lock and Lock.

Literally never had a leak from them. They completely airtight, and I also use them to store grains and other food that has a high risk of infestation. Never had a problem with that, either.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....dsWqF
I have tried this and I think it leaked in the past. But I'll try it again.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have tried this and I think it leaked in the past. But I'll try it again.

Make sure they are real Lock and Lock, not some imitation which doesn't seal so well.

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
rubbermaid brilliance containers said they're leakproof but they have leaked by me. Which type of ziploc and glad containers are good?

I have the Rubbermaid brilliance, you need to press down while closing for it to seal, and yeah it is leakproof (by me...)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:55 pm
liveandlove.ima wrote:
I have the Rubbermaid brilliance, you need to press down while closing for it to seal, and yeah it is leakproof (by me...)
I press it down then lock it and it sill leaks when it's sideways or upside down.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:56 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Make sure they are real Lock and Lock, not some imitation which doesn't seal so well.
I have to check.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:27 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Came back to report that these don't leak! Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen