Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
ISO Lkwd Doula/Birthing classes

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:35 pm
not looking to go the natural route, don't wanna have to fight...
TIA!

StrongMomma

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:03 pm
What do you mean by not natural?
Aidy Hoffman is amazing. I highly recommend her.

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:07 pm
I mean I want an epidural. And I don't want to apologize for that. Where I live now almost all doulas encourage/push for med free birth. Moving to Lakewood, and I just want to do what works for me.
I will look into Aidy Hoffman, tnx

StrongMomma

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:25 pm
I don’t think doulas encouraging and empowering women to try for what’s better for you is specific to a specific location.
Also, I think you should reframe your thinking- “not going the natural route” sounds like you’re ch’v looking for interventions. You’re aware that the definition of intervene is to get in the way of something, right? That means that if it’s necessary for others to get involved, interventions are in place. On top of that, there is a lot you can do before you get to that point to avoid having to intervene.
Getting in touch with a good doula is a great first step. FYI, Aidy offers an excellent class for spinning babies, which helps prepare for a smooth labor by trying to get the baby in the best position possible. And a smoother labor means a less painful one.
(Her class, and her assistance during my labor, helped me tremendously. Both of my babies were very high, and the first birth stretched for hours and hours, and the second, with Aidy there, was a few hours from start to finish.)

Good luck and bshaa tova

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 6:56 am
Sorry StrongMama I'm confused. Didn't say anything about interventions. I said I want an epidural.
Anyone else, recommendations???

bargainlover

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 7:31 am
I second Aidy Hoffman. She is fantastic. Not anti epidural

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 7:33 am
bargainlover wrote:
I second Aidy Hoffman. She is fantastic. Not anti epidural

What I wanted to know! Thanks

bargainlover

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 7:36 am
m-u-a-mama wrote:
What I wanted to know! Thanks

No problem, Hatzlacha and bshaah Tova!

StrongMomma

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:27 am
m-u-a-mama wrote:
Sorry StrongMama I'm confused. Didn't say anything about interventions. I said I want an epidural.
Anyone else, recommendations???

Epidural is an intervention- it’s a pain management option that has repercussions (often other interventions). There are many other ways to help deal with the pain like breathing, positioning, encouragement etc. Getting the baby in the best position helps with a smoother labor, and yes, with pain as well. (That’s what Aidy does.)
Coming into a birth saying you plan to take an epidural is like taking antibiotics because you might get sick.
You can reframe that and say you will give yourself the option of an epidural if you feel you need it in the moment, but you can prepare yourself to try to avoid it.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:14 am
I took Rivki Senderovitz's birthing classes many years ago. I just want to say OP - to me, whatever I do, I feel like I'm the consumer. I like to know whatever I should, be prepared in the best way, and then make choices and do whatever works for ME. So I was glad to take Rivki's class, because she was very knowledgeable and informative.

So even if I take a childbirth class with someone who can empower me to do a medicated-free birth, that doesn't mean I'm gonna do that if it doesn't work for ME. I like to know what's out there, and what I should be aware of, and be prepared in the best possible way...and then, if I want an epidural, I will have it. (I didn't end up having an epidural because I got to the hospital too late and the doctor wouldn't give it to me. So I'm glad I was prepared! But not because I felt I owed it to my birthing instructor to go natural, or anything like that.)

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 11:41 am
Chayalle wrote:
I took Rivki Senderovitz's birthing classes many years ago. I just want to say OP - to me, whatever I do, I feel like I'm the consumer. I like to know whatever I should, be prepared in the best way, and then make choices and do whatever works for ME. So I was glad to take Rivki's class, because she was very knowledgeable and informative.

So even if I take a childbirth class with someone who can empower me to do a medicated-free birth, that doesn't mean I'm gonna do that if it doesn't work for ME. I like to know what's out there, and what I should be aware of, and be prepared in the best possible way...and then, if I want an epidural, I will have it. (I didn't end up having an epidural because I got to the hospital too late and the doctor wouldn't give it to me. So I'm glad I was prepared! But not because I felt I owed it to my birthing instructor to go natural, or anything like that.)

Ended up going to Rivkie. She was excellent. Thanks for the recs!!!

TRL1

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 5:37 pm
Does anyone have Rivkie or Aidy’s contact info?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 8:15 pm
Aidy 8482992805

Rivky 7323708189

aisheschayil98

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 9:25 pm
I took rivkys class as well. Very informative and she mentioned that if anyone wants to take an epidural they should wait till they are dilated at least 5 (she mentioned a certain number effaced but I don’t remember) and she explained it very well.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:38 am
aisheschayil98 wrote:
I took rivkys class as well. Very informative and she mentioned that if anyone wants to take an epidural they should wait till they are dilated at least 5 (she mentioned a certain number effaced but I don’t remember) and she explained it very well.

Can you explain why?

For my last few kids I was induced and experience taught me never get Pitocim with out an epidural(I make them give it to me a full hour before they can start the Pitocim) most time I was not 5cc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries