Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to start a diet together with me?
  Previous  1  2  3 14 15  16  17  Next

EPL

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 11:37 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Calorie deficit

Multiply
Your ideal weight goal multiply it by 12 and that’s the amount of calories you should eat a day
Don’t need to cut out any food groups just eat clean
And keep to calorie Intake
And if you want to save some more calories for weekend cut some each day and then enjoy more over Shabbos

Is the goal times 12 work across the board? The same for a 5' tall woman and a 5'9 woman? How much can you lose a week?

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 2:14 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
Are you full with this. Do you just ignore the hunger?

Very full with this. Do not skimp on fats. They will keep you satiated! My salads have a generous amount of olive oil and usually cheese (preferable hard cheese) and my veggies usually have oil or butter added.

I get very cranky when I'm hungry and just can't ignore it.

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 2:27 pm
Yesterday was hard. Anyone else feel like they're missing out on all the Chanukah treats? I'm trying to make special treats for myself so I don't feel like I'm lacking anything.

Shabbos night I had a little bread for hamotzi, a little dry wine, turkey, green beans with onions, and mashed cauliflower (delicious, by the way!).

Shabbos day I had a little challah, herb and oil dip, meat and veggie soup.

Dinner was a veggie omelette.

Yesterday, I had a big salad for lunch, low carb zucchini latke (really just cooked shredded zucchini) and eggs for dinner.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:09 pm
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
Very full with this. Do not skimp on fats. They will keep you satiated! My salads have a generous amount of olive oil and usually cheese (preferable hard cheese) and my veggies usually have oil or butter added.

I get very cranky when I'm hungry and just can't ignore it.

do you use extra virgin olive oil in salads?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:13 pm
andrea levy wrote:
He is NOT suggesting this for weightloss. He is suggesting it to sick people to rapidly get their physical issues under control.

The difference is he is telling people to be medically supervised. The people he is suggesting it to HAVE to be because they are on all manner of medicine for their serious issues that are affected by eating/not eating.

INTERMITTENT fasting and feasting in between is different because from the perspective of regular food supply and mechanisms our bodies evolved to deal with scarcity of food, the body works that way anyways. You think our ancestors always had food every day? No. They didn’t. Our bodies are inherently able to handle famine to a point. To a point.

I think you should read the obesity and diabetes codes. Please stop obsessing about extended fasts. If you read the book carefully, you’ll know he didn’t mean YOU.

Also remember missing nutrients? We are, the obese among us, full of fuel. Adipose tissue can keep one going for quite a long time. It’s how we are designed and why we fatten up when things are good and use that fat when they aren’t. The problem is WE ALWAYS HAVE ACCESS TO FOOD NOW . We don’t eat well and then go hungry, we just eat and eat and eat, all the time. Ya feel me?

You’re right I’m not doing it. He did mostly recommend it for those with diabetes or even cancer. I was just confused about the nutrients part. But I hear what you’re saying about the stored fuel in obese people.
I’ll stick to the feast/fast mode! I’m enjoying it. And don’t find it too hard.

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:26 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
do you use extra virgin olive oil in salads?

Yes, a generous amount of good quality extra virgin olive oil. I don't even make dressing anymore. Just olive oil, salt and pepper.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:29 pm
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
Yes, a generous amount of good quality extra virgin olive oil. I don't even make dressing anymore. Just olive oil, salt and pepper.

thanks.

do you mind telling me which brand you use?

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:16 pm
HOW to tell if EVOO IS good.

Refrigerate it. If it becomes solid, it’s 100% evoo.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:22 pm
andrea levy wrote:
HOW to tell if EVOO IS good.

Refrigerate it. If it becomes solid, it’s 100% evoo.

thanks for that tip! never knew that!

although I meant good as in taste.

I once put it into kugel and other recipes and everyone noticed and hated it.
there are better tasting ones than others.

some have recommended light olive oil but I want the least processed

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:51 pm
Off white, I think you're doing amazing - you eat so healthy! I love the way you had zucchini latkes instead of potato. That's so smart!
Everyone's different, but I've learned from the past that depriving myself makes me drop the diet completely. So I know I need to let myself enjoy a small treat every day. And on chanuka, maybe a little more...

I was actually thinking of not posting my food at all over chanuka, because I know I'm going to eat things that I'm not proud of. But I'm working up the courage to be brave, and to continue posting even though it's obvious that I'm not completely following my diet, but I think honesty is so important. I can make it public that I'm human and I slip sometimes. Also I want to celebrate the victories of the day, even if it wasn't perfect. I also think I won't fall as hard if I'm posting. So I really appreciate you folks that are still here every day Smile Thanks for listening!

MONDAY
Breakfast: raisin bran and milk, sf hot cocoa
Lunch: 1/2 bagel w butter, eggs with cheese, cucumber
Supper: 1/2 bagel w butter, cucumber, yogurt

Treat of the day: 4 mini doughnuts (I made them and they were so fresh and delicious. Maybe I should have drank a lot of water before, and 2 would have been enough.)

Note: I have an insane cold that is just not going away. It's been over a week already, and I'm just coughing and totally congested most of the time. (I tested, it's not covid.) So I'm finding it really hard to eat and do healthy things like eat vegetables and exercise. I'm hoping it will GO AWAY already and I can get back on track.....

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:29 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
thanks.

do you mind telling me which brand you use?

do you find a particular brand better tasting than others?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:34 am
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
Off white, I think you're doing amazing - you eat so healthy! I love the way you had zucchini latkes instead of potato. That's so smart!
Everyone's different, but I've learned from the past that depriving myself makes me drop the diet completely. So I know I need to let myself enjoy a small treat every day. And on chanuka, maybe a little more...

I was actually thinking of not posting my food at all over chanuka, because I know I'm going to eat things that I'm not proud of. But I'm working up the courage to be brave, and to continue posting even though it's obvious that I'm not completely following my diet, but I think honesty is so important. I can make it public that I'm human and I slip sometimes. Also I want to celebrate the victories of the day, even if it wasn't perfect. I also think I won't fall as hard if I'm posting. So I really appreciate you folks that are still here every day Smile Thanks for listening!

MONDAY
Breakfast: raisin bran and milk, sf hot cocoa
Lunch: 1/2 bagel w butter, eggs with cheese, cucumber
Supper: 1/2 bagel w butter, cucumber, yogurt

Treat of the day: 4 mini doughnuts (I made them and they were so fresh and delicious. Maybe I should have drank a lot of water before, and 2 would have been enough.)

Note: I have an insane cold that is just not going away. It's been over a week already, and I'm just coughing and totally congested most of the time. (I tested, it's not covid.) So I'm finding it really hard to eat and do healthy things like eat vegetables and exercise. I'm hoping it will GO AWAY already and I can get back on track.....

Refuah sheleima!
Chanuka has been really hard for me too. So far I ate after 6 pm every night. Punch
I think I’ll skip weighing this week. Don’t want to get depressed.
The good part is that we will have a 3 month break until the next Yom tov! Hoping to accomplish a lot!

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Refuah sheleima!
Chanuka has been really hard for me too. So far I ate after 6 pm every night. Punch
I think I’ll skip weighing this week. Don’t want to get depressed.
The good part is that we will have a 3 month break until the next Yom tov! Hoping to accomplish a lot!

Thanks for your response
It's a really hard week
I was starting to wonder if I'm the only one posting
But thanks for reminding me to post!

TUESDAY
Breakfast: ww banana muffin
Lunch: brown rice sushi, cucumber
Snack: spinach smoothie, honeydew
Supper: 2.5 turkey scaloppini cutlets, sauteed

Treat of the day: 5 mini doughnuts (so embarrassed, but now they're finished. Phew.) Also 7-8 cherry twizzler bites
Exercise: swimming 45 min

BH at least had a great workout! Looking forward to more

Good luck everyone!! I'd love to hear from you, even if you're not proud of what you are. We're all human, and we're all in this together.

Freilichin chanuka

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:48 am
12 lbs down Bh.
On diet fantasy. Not 100% perfect.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 2:05 pm
Anyone weighed today?
I didn’t want to but decided it might be ok to see the damage I did by enjoying chanuka. I’m up 1.5 lbs. Sad
Hope I’ll lose this plus more by next Friday!

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 3:13 pm
I’m up one lb, but will probably be back down by next week.
Yesterday I ate:
Breakfast: Cheese omelet
Snack: string cheese
Lunch: tuna and Melba toast
Snack: pear
Dinner: breaded chicken, vegetable soup

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 3:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone weighed today?
I didn’t want to but decided it might be ok to see the damage I did by enjoying chanuka. I’m up 1.5 lbs. Sad
Hope I’ll lose this plus more by next Friday!

I really should, even though I'm pregnant. I'll find out how much is normal to gain, and subtract that. I need the motivation Crying
Op, I think 1.5 lbs is reassuring! That shouldn't be too hard to lose next week.

Looking forward to a new week next week!
Have a good Shabbos everyone!

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 7:44 pm
Breakfast: whole wheat bread with 1/4 Avacado egg + cheese
Snack: peanut butter banana smoothie
Lunch: yogurt 2 T granola 1/2 banana
Dinner: takeout garlic chicken and vegetables 1 cup steamed rice

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
I actually just started a diet on Monday, I’m 4 months pp and am thoroughly fed up with counting and limiting myself so I just came up with my own plan of what I think will work for me. I have at least 50 lbs to lose but I’m taking it slowly
Up to 3 servings of carbs a day only whole grain or sourdough
2 fruits
Lots of veggies
Unlimited protein
Healthy fats unlimited bit not pigging out (avocado, salmon, olive oil, coconut oil etc)
If I do want to use Mayo, then that day I can’t have any other fats
Sugar free, I like sugarless sweetener
That’s basically it, Let’s see if it’ll work for me
I made some healthy muffins from dinner done that I tweaked slightly, some baked applesauce and just all in all try to eat a lot of protein
Any input on my plan? Think I’ll lose like this?

The word unlimited, especially when used in conjunction with a plan that has that much carbs is not such a good idea.

The chemistry behind it is that when blood sugar will spikes with the carbs and the n you’ll reach for unlimited protein when your insulin lowers your blood glucose. You’ll overeat the protein because your body is basically telling you hormonally that you are about to die from low blood sugar even though that’s not actually going to happen.

I ate my way to 300 plus pounds as a victim of this reaction. I’d eat rice for dinner and then eat the chicken that I’d cooked for the next night after dinner. Sugar, fruit, grains, these all caused this reaction in me.

Unlimited only works if you can feel satiety. What you wrote about in terms of levels of carbs is probably enough to interfere with the feeling of satiety provided by leptin which can be easily missed when insulin levels are too high.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:55 pm
Breakfast: bran flakes
Snack: banana and yogurt
Lunch: large salad with tuna
Dinner: chicken soup whole wheat bread turkey breast and chummus
Page 15 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 14 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise