Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Zenni for prescription with astisgmatism?

shantelle

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:55 am
Has anyone used Zenni to fill a prescription that includes correcting for astigmatism? My family is long time zenni users and we've been really satisfied with them. One of my children, in classic ADD fashion, loses on average a pair of glasses a month (if not more) and in the past I've just ordered him 5 pairs of glasses from Zenni for about $20 each and it's worked out really well.

His latest prescription includes astigmatism and the glasses that I ordered from zenni are not working for him (I also have a $200+ pair from the local store that he sees well with). I think I vaguely remember hearing that zenni is only good for "simple" prescriptions. Has anyone else had that experience?

At $200-$250 per pair of glasses at our local glasses store, there's no way I can afford to buy him more than one pair from there. His vision is also bad enough that I can't have him "suffer the consequences" of constantly losing his glasses by making him go without them. He needs them (badly) for everything aside from reading but he's a voracious reader and takes them off all the time when he's reading (and then can't locate them for a while)...

Should I give Zenni another try with this prescription? Should I reorder just his prescription without the astigatism correction (and hope those glasses, which won't correct his vision perfectly, will be good enough for a backup)? I don't wear glasses myself so I'm not clear how bad it would be to wear ones (that don't correct for his astigmatism) but he's currently using his previous prescription (which are weaker altogether AND don't correct for astigmatism as he hadn't had one at that point) as a backup and he seems to be okay with that (although obviously, he prefers the new ones when he can find them....)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mommyto1

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:00 pm
I ordered my last pair from them a few years ago with astigmatism. I only use it at night, but have been happy with it.

miami85

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:07 pm
I've gotten a pair of glasses from them and I have significant astigmatism. I don't "see" well with them but I've taken them to my eye doctor and he confirmed that it's likely more due to the fact that I am much more comfortable wearing my contact lenses and I just feel disoriented with my eyes being "outside of my head"--but it's not the glasses fault.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:20 pm
Yes. My son and I have astigmatism and their glasses are great. I also have many coworkers with astigmatism who also get their glasses from Zenni and like them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains