Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you leave dishes in the sink?
Previous  1  2

Do you leave dishes in the sink?
Dishes are washed right away  
 8%  [ 17 ]
Dishes are left in the sink for a few hours  
 22%  [ 46 ]
Dishes are left overnight in the sink  
 34%  [ 69 ]
Dishes are left for a few days in the sink  
 34%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 202

essie14

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:48 am
If my child is in school then I usually wash right away, unless I am super pressed for time.
When she is around I can't usually get much done til she's sleeping or otherwise occupied. But almost everything gets done before I go to sleep unless it's something I want to soak. Occasionally if I am very tired and I know my cleaning lady is coming the next morning, I will leave dishes overnight.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:35 am
s1 wrote:
Most of the main dishes and cutlery get washed every evening, the pots and pans often stay overnight or two nights and sometimes my cholent pot stays soaking in til Tuesday. I also don’t mop my kitchen floor every week, downstairs gets hoovered once a week and upstairs once every couple of months. No one ever makes their beds. My fridge and oven haven’t been cleaned since pesach. The only thing I’m “makpid” on is cleaning the toilets regularly and the kitchen table and most used kitchen surfaces are cleaned every night. No one has ever got ill due to my lack of cleaning and the house looks tidy for the beginning of shabbos.

me too!! almost everything you described

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:45 am
I couldnt answer your poll because sometimes I wash things right away, sometimes other people wash the dishes, sometimes they are left there until the evening, and sometimes they are left in the sink until thursday night. We have two insanely large sinks, so the sink can fill up all week and there is still room for more. Thats both good and bad really Smile

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:14 am
I wash dishes at night and leave out to dry .

If I make stuff at night or husband ate late then I would leave it to soak and deal with it the next day.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:55 am
OMG I can't believe my answer was the most popular. I feel less bad about myself now.

s1

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:08 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
me too!! almost everything you described

Good! And judging by the number of likes and hugs , there are many people who have real, busy, hectic lives and don’t live in magazine style, picture perfect houses.

oakandfig19

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:17 pm
I only have one sink, so usually every night but not always Smile. Sometimes things will soak overnight. And we have a bin for dairy dishes that we use to keep the sink clear for washing meat dishes.

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:23 pm
I wash the meat stuff in evening... The dairy is usually some breakfast knives and frying pan... That usually waits and piles up.. either till I cook a dairy dinner or till I had energy for 2 dish washing sessions after dc bedtime.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:36 pm
You should perhaps ask people to state their household situation. What happens when there are multiple young children requiring constant supervision or an elderly or disabled person requiring constant care in no way resembles what can be accomplished in a household occupied solely by able-bodied adults.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:44 pm
Zehava wrote:
Thanks for asking😊 I’m alright. Just making a person from scratch😏

I love you

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:46 pm
One sink, meat dishwasher. So, if meat dishes are used, they are 99% put in dishwasher. Hand washed items are washed right away.....and I use disposables for pretty much all dairy and even some baking for meat....yeah yeah, my sanity is good for the environment too.....

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:58 pm
I voted that I wash dishes right away. Actually, I wash my dishes right away but not everyone else does. So I remind dh and the kids to wash immediately. I check the sink multiple times per day and wash the remaining dishes if no one else does. The sinks are empty about 85% of the time. I def don't go to sleep with dishes in the sink unless I'm sick.

Zehava

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
I love you

Awww thanks 🥰🥰

etky

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:16 pm
Dairy dishes get stacked in the dishwasher in a timely fashion - meaning that they might enjoy a brief sojourn of up to an hour or two in the sink before they get stacked, depending on who deposited them there. Some members of the family are lazier than others Wink
Meat dishes are washed by hand pretty much immediately, especially if I'm cooking.
I'm firmly in the 'wash as you go' camp. Dirty dishes in the sink are paralyzing to me. I need a clean sink at all times.
When the kids were younger (and I was more overwhelmed) I was less pedantic about doing the dishes promptly and I would on occasion leave dinner dishes overnight.
That all ended when we got cockroaches in the kitchen, about 8 years ago.
Since that episode I have never left a dish in the sink overnight.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:30 pm
My husband cant stand dirty dishes
He washes as soon as he sees.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:34 pm
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
My husband cant stand dirty dishes
He washes as soon as he sees.

In my house the first of those statements applies but the second one doesn't, soooo LOL

#Happymom

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 7:32 pm
Where else should I leave my dirty dishes??

The counters are all full already
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics