Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What to do with elementary kids in or near 5 Towns

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:47 pm
Hi! I will be in the 5 Towns with my kids for more than a long weekend (Thursday to Tuesday).

What is there to do indoors on a weekday that's within 45 minutes of Cedarhurst? Not bowling or pottery.

Kids are ages 9, 7, 6.

Thanks!

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:50 pm
The long island children's museum should be less than 45 minutes from there and is great for those ages.
Cradle of aviation museum is in the same area and is also good for that age of your kids are into airplanes, etc.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
The long island children's museum should be less than 45 minutes from there and is great for those ages.
Cradle of aviation museum is in the same area and is also good for that age of your kids are into airplanes, etc.

Thanks! I'm looking for things to do more than museums.

doctorima

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:38 pm
I also came here to recommend LI Children's Museum and the adjacent Cradle of Aviation. For something more out-of-the-box, we once had a great time doing slot racing at https://www.slotsalotraceway.com/.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 6:55 pm
doctorima wrote:
I also came here to recommend LI Children's Museum and the adjacent Cradle of Aviation. For something more out-of-the-box, we once had a great time doing slot racing at https://www.slotsalotraceway.com/.

That only opens late afternoon during the week, but thanks!

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:03 pm
I don't know this particular museum but generally things titled "Children's Museum" are more of an activity center than museum. So if you're not looking for a museum, you should look into it anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries