Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Regular potty vs. the piece you put on top of the toilet?
Previous  1  2

NMZacks

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 10:35 am
The thought of cleaning out the little potty totally grossed me out so we got a"fun" one with pictures to put on top. My DS was very into his special seat and yes, he used a stool to climb up on but he needs one for the sink anyway so it was there. I see now they have cool "basketball" potty tops - love it! Makes going potty fun. Smile
I think they will learn with what they are used to. We didn't buy a little potty, so it wasn't an option.
But I'm not the one to talk to about issues with potty training. My 2nd DS was born when my first was 2 1/2 so we had no plans to train him for awhile. Figured he had enough changes to adjust to.
He decided he wanted to be potty trained and wear Big Boy underwear. Took about a week to get the pishy thing down with just a few accidents. Had a harder time with #2. Preferred to get changed into a diaper and then do his thing. But we started rewarding him everytime he went on the Big Boy Potty. (I prefer the word rewarding instead of bribing). He had to actually see what he was going to get (usually 1 Hershey Kiss) before he would agree.
But it worked! No complaints and very few accidents. BIH!!

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 10:43 am
If I went on long trips soon after one of my kids were toilet trained, I took a diaper along for real emergencies.

justanothermother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 11:23 am
I bought a portable potty to keep in the car for emergencies. I have used it once at the park and once when stuck for three hours on the highway when an oil tanker turned over and we were stuck between the exit and the tanker.

It is a small potty, the legs fold out, and you attach a bag to the sides for the deposit to go into. The bag has a very absorbent scented pad inside, so when they are done you just tie it up and throw it out.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 11:26 am
Quote:
I bought a portable potty to keep in the car for emergencies. I have used it once at the park and once when stuck for three hours on the highway when an oil tanker turned over and we were stuck between the exit and the tanker.

It is a small potty, the legs fold out, and you attach a bag to the sides for the deposit to go into. The bag has a very absorbent scented pad inside, so when they are done you just tie it up and throw it out.
that's cool, is it only for children?

mom7270

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 11:29 am
do they make those traveling potties for adults??? Question LOL

justanothermother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 11:29 am
You could always put one of these in your trunk.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training