Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Chris Cuomo Suspended from CNN

pause

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:16 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/30......html

Can't say that a little something inside of me isn't making a tiny little dance of happiness, victory, and validation. I did not think I'd live to see the day of the downfall of the Cuomos. Now can we get that darned bridge renamed?

liveandlove.ima

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:35 pm
pause wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/30......html

Can't say that a little something inside of me isn't making a tiny little dance of happiness, victory, and validation. I did not think I'd live to see the day of the downfall of the Cuomos. Now can we get that darned bridge renamed?

Yes, I thought that was to happen right after the initial accusations [on Andrew] to think that it was originally planned to be name JFK but instead...

Last edited by liveandlove.ima on Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

hodeez

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:38 pm
Suspended doesn't mean fired, right? So he can come back? Like that guy who masturb@ted during a zoom meeting and then came back to work like nothing ever happened.

pause

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:44 pm
hodeez wrote:
Suspended doesn't mean fired, right? So he can come back? Like that guy who masturb@ted during a zoom meeting and then came back to work like nothing ever happened.

Suspended indefinitely pending evaluation

Java

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:19 pm
I don't understand why the bridge should be renamed? It's not named after Chris or Andrew Cuomo...

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:26 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
I don't understand why the bridge should be renamed? It's not named after Chris or Andrew Cuomo...

I think it should be put to a vote for the people of NY….

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:19 am
It seems that many people in the mainstream media have insider info and slant the news toward a particular angle. I'm not sure how this differs.

I am being vague because this thread is not in the Politics forum.

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:52 am
cutestbaby wrote:

Well, HE [Andrew] was the one naming the bridge after HIS father by HIS power.

"Andrew Cuomo was successful in passing legislation to name the bridge after his late father, former Governor Mario Cuomo"

https://www.businessinsider.co.....021-8

Reality

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:36 am
cutestbaby wrote:

I agree. Mario Cuomo was a good governor and a friend to the Jewish people. He should be punished for his sons sins?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 6:47 am
DrMom wrote:
It seems that many people in the mainstream media have insider info and slant the news toward a particular angle. I'm not sure how this differs.

Everyone has a slant, but I think there’s a difference between slant and trying to cover up criminal behavior.

octopus

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:55 am
Reality wrote:
I agree. Mario Cuomo was a good governor and a friend to the Jewish people. He should be punished for his sons sins?

I agree. Leave the bridge alone.

jkl

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:59 am
cutestbaby wrote:

The NYers didn't want the name change. It was only Andrew who wanted this and pushed it through solely for himself.

small bean

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:16 am
He wasnt suspended for slant. He was using his resources to dig up info on his brothers accusers.

I actually feel for him, because I think wed allbuse our powers to help our siblings.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:10 am
small bean wrote:
He wasnt suspended for slant. He was using his resources to dig up info on his brothers accusers.

I actually feel for him, because I think wed allbuse our powers to help our siblings.

I agree we would all do it. Or at least that I would.

That doesn't make it right. CNN was right to suspend him.

Fox

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:26 am
CNN aided and abetted so many ethical lapses on Chris Cuomo's part that it looks ridiculous for the suits to finally clutch their pearls and clamp down. From the fake Covid quarantine to the softball interviews with his brother, CNN was along for the ride. This is probably motivated more by Cuomo's terrible ratings than by CNN's conscience.

small bean

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:47 am
SixOfWands wrote:
I agree we would all do it. Or at least that I would.

That doesn't make it right. CNN was right to suspend him.

Of course.

iyar

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:28 pm
DrMom wrote:

I'm not sure either DrMom but I think the issue wasn't biased reporting. If all the news outlets suspended everyone who slants the news toward a particular angle there would be no more news reporting. I think the issue was that Chris Cuomo used his position at CNN to interview people, ask them questions and follow where the story on his brother was going. He passed on in advance the news of who was about to accuse him of what, kind of like journalistic insider trading

pause

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 7:35 pm
Fox wrote:
CNN aided and abetted so many ethical lapses on Chris Cuomo's part that it looks ridiculous for the suits to finally clutch their pearls and clamp down. From the fake Covid quarantine to the softball interviews with his brother, CNN was along for the ride. This is probably motivated more by Cuomo's terrible ratings than by CNN's conscience.

It's just about the optics, of course!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics