Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
ISO new High School for DD, Brooklyn Area

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:54 pm
My DD is absolutely miserable in HS. She goes to a Brooklyn Bais Yaakov High school . Most of the girls are cliquey, snobby, and have their own groups. DD had been unable to fit in, no matter how hard she tries. Its always been a struggle for her. Academically, she is strong, she is on the quieter, shy side. We are are a regular frum family, no TV, yes internet, DD dresses tznius, covers leg in summer wighong skirts, short socks (just as a reference). She constantly is on her own and she just cant seem to hack it. She says she wants out, shes had enough. Ironically, she doesn't seem to have this problem in camp. She thrives. Are there any Brooklyn schools that have girls that are warm, kind, caring, including? Or am I in Lala land?

tigerwife

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:59 pm
Which school do her camp friends attend? It might be very hard to break in socially in middle of high school. Can she join her existing friends?

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:59 pm
Lev
BYA

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:23 pm
I would look into Lev, Bnos Yaakov, and maybe Prospect. Every grade and class is different, and I also don't know if they would take a mid-year transfer, but it's worth contacting them to inquire.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:27 pm
I would stay away from masores ...

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:33 pm
Agree about Lev prospect or bnos yaakov.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:33 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
I would look into Lev, Bnos Yaakov, and maybe Prospect. Every grade and class is different, and I also don't know if they would take a mid-year transfer, but it's worth contacting them to inquire.

No, I wouldnt change mid year, next year iyh..

Tirza

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 5:15 pm
If you’re willing to go in a more MO direction, then Shulamith HS might be an option.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 5:32 pm
My daughter had the same issue in her Brooklyn school. She also thrived in camp. I was petrified of having the same issue in another Brooklyn school so I took her out of Brooklyn altogether and send her to an MO school. As much as I miss Bais Yaakov. She is thriving socially and academically where she is.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 5:38 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
My daughter had the same issue in her Brooklyn school. She also thrived in camp. I was petrified of having the same issue in another Brooklyn school so I took her out of Brooklyn altogether and send her to an MO school. As much as I miss Bais Yaakov. She is thriving socially and academically where she is.

Can I ask where she is doing so well?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics