Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The Malky Show
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 8:14 pm
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
I definitely want to watch it with my family but the household price is only up to 4 and my girls and I are 6. The group option is more than double the price which doesn’t make sense for us. Please advise. My 12 year old is eager to watch Mrs. Tweezers.
Smile

What are the ages of your girls though? For those under 8, I doubt you need to count them, since not really geared for that age and they won't get most of the jokes.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:04 pm
I convinced my mother to watch the show today. At first she rolled her eyes when I said it was 45 minutes long and she thought this won’t be “Jewish” enough for her taste. But as it went on, I so her enjoying it more and more. At the end she agreed that it was great entertainment.
I’m a fan. Now my mother is too 😀

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 10:02 pm
HELLOOO Malkie
We ALL had mushroom haircuts
Lol

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 10:39 pm
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
Smile

What are the ages of your girls though? For those under 8, I doubt you need to count them, since not really geared for that age and they won't get most of the jokes.

12 till 20s (single living at home)

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 11:23 pm
Wow this seems fun!!
I love you Malkie I think it's your kindness over laughter that speaks the volume! (at least to me Wink)
can anyone explain the pricing though, is it $7.99 per episode? how long is that?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:44 am
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
I definitely want to watch it with my family but the household price is only up to 4 and my girls and I are 6. The group option is more than double the price which doesn’t make sense for us. Please advise. My 12 year old is eager to watch Mrs. Tweezers.

Hi! Please email Themalkieshow@gmail.com and someone will help you figure it out! Hatzlacha!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:45 am
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
I convinced my mother to watch the show today. At first she rolled her eyes when I said it was 45 minutes long and she thought this won’t be “Jewish” enough for her taste. But as it went on, I so her enjoying it more and more. At the end she agreed that it was great entertainment.
I’m a fan. Now my mother is too 😀

Ok this made me smile!! Say hi to ur mother for me and I'm honored she liked it!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 12:56 am
Sunny Days wrote:
HELLOOO Malkie
We ALL had mushroom haircuts
Lol

Yup, but in my circles we called it a cupcake haircut.

Lovable

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:18 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:

OMG same hereeee lol!!!!!!!!!!

Lovable

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:19 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
Hi all! Malkie Knopfler here Smile
(I know, I know, my screen name on here is from ages ago and I can't seem to figure out how to change it!)
Thank you all for the feedback of my new show. It's so nice to see there are women here that see the value of what we are trying to do! And that is to offer kosher entertainment to the frum female community.
As for copying Ellen, we actually made sure NOT to do certain things she and many other talk show hosts do, like give away free cars and such, so we can TRY to be different 😄 but in the end, a show is a show and we are trying our best to fill a void in the world.
Wishing you all the best and a freilichen Chanuka!
Malkie

Hi Malkie!!! So cool to see your name on here!!!
Ands thanks for taking the step to fill a much needed void!! Your laughs are so needed and I love watching your stuff!!

Last edited by Lovable on Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:24 pm
Just signed up! Can't wait to watch. One thing I don't get. Why does $7.99 only give you access for one week? Why wouldn't it entitle us to lifetime access to that episode?

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:31 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Just signed up! Can't wait to watch. One thing I don't get. Why does $7.99 only give you access for one week? Why wouldn't it entitle us to lifetime access to that episode?

This. I was just going to say this. I think that once we pay for an episode, we should be able to watch it indefinitely.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:32 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:

Yeah, and I had a cupcakesl till 7th grade! The tears every time I got me hair buzzed, oh my!!!
Most ladies also wore a cupcake sheitel back then.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:45 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
This. I was just going to say this. I think that once we pay for an episode, we should be able to watch it indefinitely.

Yes same

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 2:19 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
Pretty sure she’s kidding about not giving free things so as to avoid being a copy of the Ellen show. I imagine it’s a lack of funds that led to the decision to not provide free gifts.

If that were true then she could have said she didnt have the sponsors/money to give away prizes right now but maybe that will change in the future when the show is picked up more and companies will want to sponsor prizes. She could have also asked if anyone here wants to sponsor prizes, I am sure there are plenty successful women here who would sponsor something either money or something from their own business. It happens all the time on instagram so not sure why it cant happen with the show once it becomes more popular.

liveandlove.ima

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 2:23 pm
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
If that were true then she could have said she didnt have the sponsors/money to give away prizes right now but maybe that will change in the future when the show is picked up more and companies will want to sponsor prizes. She could have also asked if anyone here wants to sponsor prizes, I am sure there are plenty successful women here who would sponsor something either money or something from their own business. It happens all the time on instagram so not sure why it cant happen with the show once it becomes more popular.

I believe it was her sense of humor speaking... she is definitely not here to give away free cars or 500K checks. want a giveaway for mac or bosch yes that you may probably see... eventually

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 2:25 pm
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:

Why must there be prizes at all?

liveandlove.ima

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 2:27 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
Why must there be prizes at all?

exactly!

though I think she was addressing the fact that she will not do it so not to come off as copying other shows. either way people will always have what to complain about LOL

penguin

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:31 am
I've listened to many shiurim from Rabbanit Kinneret so for me this was a fascinating look at another side of her.

Malkie I remember from taking her hilarious portrayal of a mother taking her spoiled child to the dentist (To Catch a Butterfly? Choices? The one where the Mom is a dentist ...)

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:09 pm
Is it worth paying for the next series. I just don’t think it’s worth the money.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics