Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where would you go for 2 days? Mom getaway

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:04 pm
Just as the title says.
I'm looking to get away for 2 days, just me. Tues-Thurs. Open to all and any ideas.

Where would you go on your dream mom getaway? Is there a hotel/airbnb that you especially enjoyed in the past?

I just want to wake up with no kids, and relax. Sit by a pool (indoor or out) and read. Do nothing, or do something fun. Really not particular.

Feel free to post anything!

Here's some things I'm going to keep in mind:
Can't spend much, but we have 2 free Mariott nights, and Southwest points.
I live in Baltimore. If I drive, I have much more flexibility with timing and can possibly stay longer (no flight to catch) but either flying or driving is fine.
I'm in second trimester, so nothing too physical.

Thanks all!

justforfun87

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:19 pm
Baltimore here too and Miami would be perfect. Stay at Marriot in Surfiside. Beach right there, all kosher places to eat and they are AMAAAZING.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:24 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
Baltimore here too and Miami would be perfect. Stay at Marriot in Surfiside. Beach right there, all kosher places to eat and they are AMAAAZING.

Thanks! I love this idea!
Actually did it 3 years ago, and would love to do it again. But open to new ideas too.

momallhours

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:33 pm
You can do Deal/ Long Branch The Wave is a new beautiful hotel or there is Ocean Place not Marriot though.. I know pple love their spa and you can get supper for Salt the new steakhouse there, it's not cheap though.
You can do Ocean City Maryland also it is beautiful there! I guess then you would have to bring your own food.
I'm so happy for you that you are doing this! It is my dream to do one day...

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:40 pm
momallhours wrote:
You can do Deal/ Long Branch The Wave is a new beautiful hotel or there is Ocean Place not Marriot though.. I know pple love their spa and you can get supper for Salt the new steakhouse there, it's not cheap though.
You can do Ocean City Maryland also it is beautiful there! I guess then you would have to bring your own food.
I'm so happy for you that you are doing this! It is my dream to do one day...

This is great but keep in mind it’s winter in NJ

kreindel meidel

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:34 pm
In the poconos there is a resort poconos palace they have mini pool in the room plus a jacuzzi really nice romantic place

doctorima

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 9:50 am
kreindel meidel wrote:
In the poconos there is a resort poconos palace they have mini pool in the room plus a jacuzzi really nice romantic place

This place is intended for couples, and I wouldn't recommend this place for a solo Mom getaway. OP I think Florida is your best bet if you want to relax and have reliably warm weather. You can't go wrong with Miami, but if you want a change of scenery, check out direct flights to other parts of Florida (perhaps Key West) and then find a Marriott there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics