Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Natural immunity vs vaccine induced immunity
Previous  1  2  3  4

Which provides longer protection?
2 Vaccines  
 13%  [ 19 ]
Natural immunity  
 75%  [ 103 ]
I think they’re equal  
 10%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 137

fleetwood

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:14 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Ivermectin, antibodies, antbiotics, steroids, and supplements are very effective in preventing hospitilization.

Problem is government and licencing authorities are FORBIDDING doctors from prescribing these safe and effective treatments.

I have a question. If covid is a virus how can antibiotics help?

gold21

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:22 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Sometimes bacterial infections are secondary to viral infections

For example- a bad cold (virus) causes fluid buildup in the ears, the fluid becomes infected with bacteria...... viola, bacterial ear infection

With covid, it relates to fluid buildup in the lungs and bacterial pneumonia

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:26 pm
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:
speaking of things that can sound like "conspiracy theory" but are not
in terms of agenda
the WHO put out another call for "global pandemic treaty"
while that can sound nice, reality is that it calls for centralized authority under the guise of health=
money and power
for more unelected bureaucrats with different priorities

These international treaties are to eliminate national sovreignity and impose One World Government/Tyranny

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:29 pm
fleetwood wrote:

As Gold21 said Covid can cause bacterial infections like pneumonia.

The Zelenko protocol is Hydroxycloroquine + zinc + zpac antibiotic.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 6:06 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
It's more complicated according to the immunologists I spoke to. Antibodies is a very immature way of determining immunity.

I work in the field. Antibodies is the least invasive but easily measurable method of immunity. Is it an in-depth report of immunity - no. Are there other ways to determine immunity - yes. But neither discount the immunity measure that antibodies provide.

It isn't only Covid immunity that's measured this way. Immuity to Measles, Mumps, polio, chicken pox, and others are all measured in terms of antibody titer levels.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 6:06 pm
fleetwood wrote:

It's taken as a preventative measure to prevent pneumonia and other infections to take hold.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:11 pm
I came across this study and hadn’t seen anyone on this thread post it yet:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volum.....4e1_w

Quote:
Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99).

ora_43

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:36 am
There have been studies pointing in both directions What

And at least one study showing that both is best, ie, recovery + one dose of vaccine.

Of course, here "best" means the best odds of not getting covid now - not the best way of getting immunity. Getting covid in order to get natural immunity in order to not get covid wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

(although come to think of it, I guess it could be a reasonable strategy for young, healthy anti-vaxxers with vulnerable relatives. Like, I wouldn't recommend it, but if they absolutely, categorically will not get vaccinated there are situations where deliberately getting infected might be better than nothing.)

If you're asking for my personal gut feeling, my guess is that natural immunity is somewhat more effective, but still not 100%. I'm not sure if the research supports that, though.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics