Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are you comfortable in High heels
1  2  3  Next

Are you comfortable in High heels
yes  
 15%  [ 44 ]
no  
 84%  [ 244 ]
Total Votes : 288

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:07 am
was wondering!!!

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:12 am
My discomfort is because I have a bum ankle and I don’t trust myself not to fall for no reason when it decides to give out. Otherwise I have no issue with heels. I have a pair of 4” heels in my closet, but I haven’t worn them in a few years….maybe I’ll try them again on shabbos.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:15 am
I get such bad pain when I wear it after a while I can cry….
By a simcha where I want to wear it at least short term, like my sons Bar mitzvah….I take Advil or Motrin throughout!

It’s ridiculous

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:29 am
Other. Not thin ones.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:33 am
No way but I wear them anyway all the time

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 1:01 am
Of course not. Humans weren't designed to walk that way.

etky

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 1:29 am
The older I get the shorter the heel I wear Sad
I don't find them uncomfortable but rather a challenge to my stability. My sense of balance isn't wonderful and my ankles also sometimes give out and the thought of that happening on 3 or 4 inch heels is terrifying. Bad enough with the low heels/flats/wedge heels that I do wear.
I broke my knee 17 years ago. I wasn't wearing heels at the time but there's no way I ever want something like that to happen again. So for me it's just not worth the risk.

SG18

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 6:51 am
No, so I don't wear them

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 7:17 am
No. I broke my foot a year ago and heels make my foot feel sore and unstable. I do miss wearing them.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 7:59 am
I stopped wearing heels years ago and I'm so much happier at simchas now! I'm never going back to heels again!

mynameismom

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 8:01 am
I used to wear 3-4" heels almost exclusively. A few years ago I herniated a disc and had back surgery. Havent been able to wear heels since without aggravating my back and now hurting my feet since they are no longer used to wearing heels. I can wear a bootie with a shorter heel or wedge but for the most part are in flats.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 8:29 am
Yes! I love them and I feel much more confident and pretty in them! My DH loves it too bc I’m closer to his height. The only time it gets uncomfortable is maybe around 2 hours later but so worth it
Beauty is sometimes pain

Genius

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 9:00 am
I love heels! I don’t think comfort depends on the heel height as much as on how well the shoe was designed. Some of my higher heels are much more comfortable than their shorter counterparts.
Obviously comfort is relative. I don’t expect to feel in heels the way I do in fuzzies. If they carry me well, support the balls of my feet and I am not in pain after two hours, I consider them comfortable.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 9:04 am
I never wear thin heels or pointed toes. Thick block heals I can wear any height and be comfortable.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:02 am
Nope.
In the past 20 years I've worn heels--and for me, "high heels" means an inch and three quarters and "very high heels" means two inches--to each of my dc chuppas and that's IT. Changed to flats after the pictures were done. Gave the shoes to a gmach after our youngest got married and never looked back. I don't plan to wear heels ever again.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:05 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
The only time it gets uncomfortable is maybe around 2 hours later but so worth it
Beauty is sometimes pain

You poor deluded fool, you really swallowed the Kool-Aid.
Do you think your man subjects himself to physical pain just so that you'll think he looks s-xy? Exercise doesn't count because exercise is essential to health.

I hope you're not bringing up your dds to believe this. One might even consider that a form of child abuse.

Lovable

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:08 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
You poor deluded fool, you really swallowed the Kool-Aid.
Do you think your man subjects himself to physical pain just so that you'll think he looks s-xy? Exercise doesn't count because exercise is essential to health.

I hope you're not bringing up your dds to believe this. One might even consider that a form of child abuse.

What?? wth is wrong with some posters on this site. Can't Believe It

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:15 am
Nope. I trued heels one week or two in high school. Ever wore them since.
So unbelievably uncomfortable.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:25 am
Its interesting how many of us who used to wear heels now have physical infirmities that don't allow us to do so.

I never wore stilettoes, but I did wear mid-heel pumps and other mid-heel shoes (usually 3 inches) on a daily basis. It inevitably led to knee stress and arthritis.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:41 am
I am very comfortable in 2-3 inch heels. They only bother me if the front is very narrow.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics