Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shabbos glasses

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:22 am
Approx how much do they cost?

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:23 am
Depends on what size, type and material you're looking for.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:28 am
Stemware
I know there are ranges but average how much do they cost...

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:39 am
I thought this was about shabbos eyeglasses! Never heard of anyone having special glasses for shabbos but you never know! Laugh

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:43 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I thought this was about shabbos eyeglasses! Never heard of anyone having special glasses for shabbos but you never know! Laugh

Glad I'm not the only one!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:51 am

You never heard of it!! I thought I was the only one that DOESNT have LOL

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Literally never heard of such a thing. We drink out of the same glasses all week. Those who have wine use wine glasses.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I meant the ones you wear on your face, for your eyes, so you can see. Everyone you know has a special pair for shabbos?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:02 pm
I meant the ones you wear on your face, for your eyes, so you can see. Everyone you know has a special pair for shabbos?

Lol not those
Most people I know got married with stemware for shabbos

Lovable

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:04 pm

The same way people have special dishes or China dishes for shabbos

s c

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:18 pm
It's not the same as having a nice shabbos dinner set. When I first got married I had very expensive shabbos glasses because I thought that I needed to but a few years and a few sets of expensive broken glasses sets later I stopped bothering. It's not worth the hassle. I just buy nice looking regular (cheap) glasses.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:35 pm
Yes I have stemware but I have long stopped using them. They come out
1-2x a year at this point for extra special guests.
They are hard to wash and break or chip very easily.
So… we use “shabbos plastic cups “ with fancy napkins inside.
I know that’s not exactly what you want to hear but I’m always that practical voice in the background.

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:37 pm
If you are discussing special glasses to hold liquid at the table, they range in price.

There are relatively inexpensive ones that replicate the look of fancy crystal if that is your taste or genuine crystal for $100 or more per glass.

Even if your tastes are more modern, they make elegant glasses at lower price points or there are fantastically beautiful glasses made by artisans or produced by very high end brands that are beautiful.

It is rather like asking what a car costs - do you mean a Ford Fiesta? a Honda Accord or a Mercedes or even a Rolls Royce?

singleagain

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:49 pm
Dollar tree has some very nice stemware. For a long time (till it hot knocked over and broke) my dad used one from dollar tree

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:56 pm
I would love to know if theres a company that has a website where I can see prices

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would love to know if theres a company that has a website where I can see prices

Start at bed bath and beyond.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 1:02 pm
I have fancy stemware from when we got married, and we use it every week. We've been married 30+ years.

To supplement, for when we have huge crowds, I bought wineglasses from IKEA for next to nothing.

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 1:11 pm
I have beautiful glasses that were my mother's. They were also expensive and for both reasons, hard to replace so I only use them occasionally. For most shabbosim we use pretty stemware that I got at Macy's they're Martha Stewart collection and I think I paid $20 for a box of 12. In the past I have also gotten shabbos glasses from ikea.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 1:25 pm
I paid $5.99 a glass from At Home. We do have breakage issues from time to time. Dunno if it’s the quality or our handling of the stemware...

srbmom

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 1:40 pm
Quote:
Dollar tree has some very nice stemware. For a long time (till it hot knocked over and broke) my dad used one from dollar tree

Mine are from dollar tree. So far I haven't had any break, but if they do...they were just $1 Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics