Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
R kimmel

NewYorkgal31

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 9:29 am
I am beyond upset and don’t even know where to turn. My husband has been suffering from depression and anxiety for most of his life. It recently got worse. He used to go to rabbi Kimmel ( who is a known mkubal in Brooklyn) and he really helped and guided him in the past. My husband has tried to reach out to him and make an appointment but the gabby is refusing to give him an appointment and won’t say why.I was in a store this morning and I saw the gabby and tried to ask him why. And he just shut me down. He was so rude and disrespectful toward Me. I don’t know what I want out of this post. I guess just to vent or maybe someone can guide me who I can speak with to try and get into r Kimmel or can advise on someone else who can speak to my husband. Thanks!!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 9:48 am
I'm glad you had a positive experience. But I think at this point it would be best to call Relief and get some recommendations. They can suggest someone who will appreciate your approach so far. Hatzlacha!

NewYorkgal31

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:15 pm
Hi, so that’s the point of the post. It’s not a positive experience… he is refusing to see my husband. … also my husband does have a therapist and psychiatrist

shanie5

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 1:56 pm
Did your husband give $$ when he went to him? If not, that may be why the Gabbai won't let him in.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 1:58 pm
NewYorkgal31 wrote:
Hi, so that’s the point of the post. It’s not a positive experience… he is refusing to see my husband. … also my husband does have a therapist and psychiatrist

I meant, I'm glad you've had a positive experienced til now.
I'm relieved that your husband is seeing professionals. And it's good to have a kesher and input from a rav. I guess it's time to find someone else to serve that role. And it won't involve money; maybe occasional expressions of thanks.)

NewYorkgal31

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 3:36 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Did your husband give $$ when he went to him? If not, that may be why the Gabbai won't let him in.

He did give money. Maybe not as much as they wanted but he did

And even if he didn’t give or give as much as they wanted… if someone is reaching out multiple times for help… you help them

agreer

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 5:54 pm
The gabbay is a jerk.

A rabbi who hires a gabbay as a jerk is probably not the best person either.

Go find someone who WANTS to help you.

DO NOT GIVE HIM A PENNY MORE!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics