Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Seminary-machon raaya or?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:26 pm
Looking for a seminary for my academic, typical bais yakov daughter, not too yeshivish. Which other seminaries are hashkafically similar to machon raaya?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 9:38 pm
Anyone? Any advice really appreciated

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:02 pm
I went many years ago, but we had girls who applied to Bnos Sarah, BJJ, Ateres (highest academic track), Bnos Chava, Michlalah, Mesores Rochel, Me’Ohr, Seminar, even a couple Darchei Binah. Of course there are several new seminaries that have opened up in the past five or so years. Binas may be similar; I know they share some teachers.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
I went many years ago, but we had girls who applied to Bnos Sarah, BJJ, Ateres (highest academic track), Bnos Chava, Michlalah, Mesores Rochel, Me’Ohr, Seminar, even a couple Darchei Binah. Of course there are several new seminaries that have opened up in the past five or so years. Binas may be similar; I know they share some teachers.

Bina’s and machon raaya are literally opposites
I would suggest meor

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:52 pm
Thanks for the responses.
Are bnos Avigail or bnos Chava similar to machon raaya in terms of hashkafa? What kind of girls typically go to those 2 places?

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 2:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the responses.
Are bnos Avigail or bnos Chava similar to machon raaya in terms of hashkafa? What kind of girls typically go to those 2 places?

DD applied to Machon Raya and Bnos Avigail, got accepted to both and chose BA. Machon Raya students are typically “cooler” than BA girls (and BC girls even jappier). Machon Raya also gives a lot more work than BC (with BA somewhere in between). BA has more of an OOT type reputation than the other two. Hashkafically they seem pretty similar to me. They’re all wonderful seminaries I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 3:50 am
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
Bina’s and machon raaya are literally opposites
I would suggest meor

Oh interesting, can you elaborate on how they are opposites? Binas had some similarities when they first opened like 10 years ago, but I’m sure things have changed since.

And I forgot about Bnos Avigail - definitely a great choice, similar to BYMR in a lot of ways.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics