Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How do I open a secret bank account
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 8:18 am
amother [ DarkGray ] wrote:
If a lawyer or accountant had it, it would still be her money and legally need to be divided as part of the marital assets.
When people suggest women have their own money, the legal way to do it is to have premarital money that was never comingled as joint property. Money that was hers before marriage, that was never part of a joint account, will not be considered jointly owned and will be hers as her "just in case" money. I am not saying there are not other legal ways, but that is one. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case with op, so we are trying to think of legal ways for her to save up some money.

But you can't really add to that account from before during the marriage, can you?

Hatzlacha op, this sounds like a tough situation
If you hide money somewhere, just make sure your husband (kids if you have any) can never find it or accidentally throw it out (if a box looks empty) .

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 8:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So if you are sahm and know that in case of divorce from an abusive dh you will need some cash before you divide the property there is no way to keep some cash on the side for few years besides “under the mattress”?
If you don’t mind paying the money back several years down the line then put it in an online savings account. I guess the question is if you’re ok with it coming out eventually that the money exists.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 2:14 pm
Can you have a friend open one for you? If she would be okay having it under her name then it can’t be linked to you.
I don’t know what legalities with this would be.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics