Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Instagram influencer
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:56 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
She is not MO. MO jews don't eat treif.

Who says she eats treif?

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:22 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
Who says she eats treif?

She says. It's not a secret.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 12:18 am
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
She says. It's not a secret.

I haven't heard her say that

cnc

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 12:24 am
She has definitely posted pictures in trief restaurants.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 8:25 am
cnc wrote:
She has definitely posted pictures in trief restaurants.

Many in the left wing MO will eat “kosher” food in treif restaurants. Salad, pastries or anything vegetarian. Yes, it’s a thing 😏

amother
Snow

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 9:43 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Many in the left wing MO will eat “kosher” food in treif restaurants. Salad, pastries or anything vegetarian. Yes, it’s a thing 😏

Obviously this is bothering you and I get that but she has literally said in regard to a recipe her son posted sans bacon that the pig is the best part. She does not pretend to be Orthodox, Modern or otherwise.

cnc

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 9:57 am
I’m confused - why are people trying to convince others that she is religious when she herself does not pretend to be?

Her husband owns (or owned) a non kosher eatery that is open 7 days a week.

cnc

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 9:58 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

I have relatives in this world so I know it’s “a thing”, but this has no relevance to this influencer . She had never identified as currently religious (not even LWMO).

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 10:07 am
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
Obviously this is bothering you and I get that but she has literally said in regard to a recipe her son posted sans bacon that the pig is the best part. She does not pretend to be Orthodox, Modern or otherwise.

OH I didn’t know that! I’m not an avid follower so I def could’ve missed it. But I have seen other influencers who do claim to be MO (left wing) eat food with kosher ingredients in non kosher restaurants.

Now that I’m thinking about it she often posts her husband praying with Tallis and Tefilin so I assumed they are marginally frum.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 10:35 am
amother [ Snow ] wrote:

Her son may not be religious, not sure what him posting a picture of food without bacon has anything to do with her (and she may have meant facon which has become popular in the Orthodox Jewish foodie world).

amother
Snow

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 10:44 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Her son may not be religious, not sure what him posting a picture of food without bacon has anything to do with her (and she may have meant facon which has become popular in the Orthodox Jewish foodie world).

That’s not what I wrote but this is not worth arguing about. I appreciate that you don’t want to accept that she’s not frum.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 10:49 am
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
That’s not what I wrote but this is not worth arguing about. I appreciate that you don’t want to accept that she’s not frum.

Correction, she is not your version of frum, probably lots of women on this site arent your version of frum either. That is the beauty of being Jewish, that we can all respect each other and leave our Jewish beliefs/observance between woman and God instead of judging and knocking each other or speaking loshon hora.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 10:57 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
OH I didn’t know that! I’m not an avid follower so I def could’ve missed it. But I have seen other influencers who do claim to be MO (left wing) eat food with kosher ingredients in non kosher restaurants.

Now that I’m thinking about it she often posts her husband praying with Tallis and Tefilin so I assumed they are marginally frum.

This is what tips me off

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 11:00 am
What does she mean by ' I used to dance on tables today I open boxes on tables '?

cupcake123

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 11:01 am
Maybe shes MO maybe she LWMO maybe shes frum maybe shes not.
The point is she definitely is not "tznius" which was the original complaint.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 11:10 am
What defines someone as frum? Keeping Shabbos, kosher, and Taharas Hamishpacha? Does everything else fall into the category of keeping more is RWO keeping less is MO?

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 11:15 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Correction, she is not your version of frum, probably lots of women on this site arent your version of frum either. That is the beauty of being Jewish, that we can all respect each other and leave our Jewish beliefs/observance between woman and God instead of judging and knocking each other or speaking loshon hora.

Jewish doesn't automatically mean frum. She doesn't hold herself as frum, she doesn't claim to be frum. No one is trying to knock her, she's very open about her lifestyle. It's not a secret that she's not frum.

amother
Snow

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 1:44 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
Jewish doesn't automatically mean frum. She doesn't hold herself as frum, she doesn't claim to be frum. No one is trying to knock her, she's very open about her lifestyle. It's not a secret that she's not frum.

Yeah, I’m not getting the resentment here either. No one is bashing her. She is openly not frum yet very proudly Jewish, hence the Jewish content and photos. Yes, eating treif makes you not frum, period. She does a ton of good for the Jewish community- still doesn’t make her frum, by anyone’s definition.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics