Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
True or False? "Cakes are out" people are buying miniatures"
Previous  1  2

amother
Apple

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 12:30 pm
Many times I’ve seen the Schuck strawberry short cake get polished before the seigelmans but u seem to have ur heart set on seigelmans, OP.
Maybe treat yourself to one to get it out of your system LOL

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 12:49 pm
amother [ Apple ] wrote:
Many times I’ve seen the Schuck strawberry short cake get polished before the seigelmans but u seem to have ur heart set on seigelmans, OP.

Simchas is over. Its GONE. I had some..

asmileaday

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Simchas is over. Its GONE. I had some..

Mazel tov!

asmileaday

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 12:55 pm
amother [ Apple ] wrote:

Oh yes the Schuck's strawberry shortcake is one of a kind! I never liked strawberry shortcake until someone sent this one to me for a simcha. We were all hooked!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 1:07 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Oh yes the Schuck's strawberry shortcake is one of a kind! I never liked strawberry shortcake until someone sent this one to me for a simcha. We were all hooked!

I hear there are many (cheaper) strawberry shortcakes that are as good or better.

amother
Milk

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 1:11 pm
rdmom wrote:
Siegelmans cake will NEVER go out.
I don’t know what’s done today or not but that is the first thing that goes at a Simcha. It’s gone the first.
So you do whatever you want. Everything gets eaten.

Miniatures are more expensive so of course they’re pushing them!!

amother
Milk

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 1:13 pm
pause wrote:
It's the ba'alas simcha's job to "open" the cake or else nobody else does it. Or she can appoint someone to slice it open as an invitation for people to take.

Me! I never need appointing! I’m alway the first to start a cake! Yum!

amother
Chicory

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 1:35 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Personally I made a simcha and I bought cakes and made sure to open them I did big kokosh it was a huge hit. Miniatures I feel is a waste you take two bites it’s to sweet and goes into the garbage. Also it’s easier for people to take home for there husbands and sitters which I am so against.

You’re the third person saying that ppl don’t finish them lol. If you gets kayx people will. Yummmmm.

Agreed ppl take them home more but ppl who take too much will take whathever and minis are much more sanitary and esthetic.

pause

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 1:36 pm
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
Agreed. But it's still messier to cut a cake and get the slice onto your plate than to take a miniature, especially if it's gooey. Which a strawberry shortcake definitely is, so that doesn't help (though I love it, even the parve version). So many people don't bother. Plus, it requires two hands to eat, rather than a miniature.

Also, a lot of people don't actually eat at the kiddush or vort or whatever. They grab something and take it with them (which is fine, because it'sthe same amount they would eat there.) Cake is messier to transport.

The miniatures we're talking about require the same two hands to eat. Miniatures that you bite into are not "in" unless they're cookies.

pause

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 1:41 pm
amother [ Chicory ] wrote:
You’re the third person saying that ppl don’t finish them lol. If you gets kayx people will. Yummmmm.

Agreed ppl take them home more but ppl who take too much will take whathever and minis are much more sanitary and esthetic.

Even Kayx. They are delicious, agreed. But most people don't even eat half. Not because it's not good, but because
the miniature is too sweet,
it's too rich,
people are on a diet and minimizing their cheat,
they're too full,
they want to taste a little bit of everything.

When a guest takes a slice of cake, they can approximate the size according to how much they plan on eating.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:39 am
I will be happy to take all of the "out" cakes off of your hands. Please PM me for my address. cake

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 1:02 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
Miniatures are more expensive so of course they’re pushing them!!

Tnx for pointing it out.

amother
Bone

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 7:04 pm
I was at a few simchas this week and all had the usual combination of both cakes and miniatures.

Btw, is shucks a company?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics