Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift ideas for Obgyn that saved your baby
1  2  Next

flatbush

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:01 pm
Hi! I need a gift idea for a very special doctor that saved my baby and was very dedicated and amazing throughout my whole pregnancy!
Any ideas?

Mom/Bubby/Morah

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:18 pm
How much do you want to spend ?

eileengray

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:29 pm
You can write a letter to this doctor’s head of department or the director at the hospital to let them know what a wonderful experience you had. And also leave a glowing google or ratemds.com review for this doctor.

amother
Dill

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:30 pm
Male? Female? Jewish?

flatbush

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:31 pm
Mom/Bubby/Morah wrote:
How much do you want to spend ?

Honestly I don’t care. I just want it to be special.

flatbush

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:31 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
Male? Female? Jewish?

Female Jewish frum

flatbush

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:32 pm
Problem is I am so not creative!

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:42 pm
I had a doctor who went way out of her way for me on multiple occasions. I wanted to express my appreciation but couldn't figure out what to give to a doctor who I'm sure is doing well financially and can have whatever she wants.
I settled on making a sizable donation to a tzedakah in her honor. She is actually Jewish and not frum so I gave to Magen David Adom and sent a note that just as MDA goes above and beyond every day to save lives of people, so too she does the same.
I think she really appreciated it.
Maybe do something similar-give a donation in her honor?

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:43 pm
Obviously write a heartfelt note. You can give it with wine, candy platter, chocolate, or a gift card.

amother
Leaf

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:45 pm
A beautiful framed "tefila l'rofei" with a box of expensive chocolates and a meaningful note.

amother
Anemone

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:11 pm
My OB has sweet momentous all over. Mainly professionally frame letters.

clowny

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:44 pm
In my OB’s office there’s a beautiful plague with a poem written by parents whose baby daughter was saved by the doctor.

tweety1

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:50 pm
I bought by personalizationmall.com

flatbush

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:59 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I had a doctor who went way out of her way for me on multiple occasions. I wanted to express my appreciation but couldn't figure out what to give to a doctor who I'm sure is doing well financially and can have whatever she wants.
I settled on making a sizable donation to a tzedakah in her honor. She is actually Jewish and not frum so I gave to Magen David Adom and sent a note that just as MDA goes above and beyond every day to save lives of people, so too she does the same.
I think she really appreciated it.
Maybe do something similar-give a donation in her honor?

That sounds so special something as I know her she would really appreciate!

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:20 am
A professional photo of your baby with a heartfelt letter?

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:37 am
Based off the poster that said to give a donation in her honor. Efrat is an organization in Israel that saves babies from abortion. You can sponsor to save a baby and they then send a certificate idea and you can write whatever you want on it. Pm if you need any other details or help contacting them.
And Mazel Tov on your baby and may you continue seeing miracles in your life!

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:51 am
SleepingBeauty wrote:
Based off the poster that said to give a donation in her honor. Efrat is an organization in Israel that saves babies from abortion. You can sponsor to save a baby and they then send a certificate idea and you can write whatever you want on it. Pm if you need any other details or help contacting them.
And Mazel Tov on your baby and may you continue seeing miracles in your life!

I don’t think it’s very appropriate for you to hijack OP’s post to advance your personal support for this controversial organization.

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 1:19 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I don’t think it’s very appropriate for you to hijack OP’s post to advance your personal support for this controversial organization.

I have no personal agenda here. I never saved a life for Efrat, though I wish I can afford do. Dr Schussheim was an absolute tzaddik. I have no idea why you are saying it is controversial. And I actually don't want to know, since it probably is motzei shem ra.
I posted this organization as I think it is very apropos to save a Jewish life in honor of a Dr that saved another Jewish life.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 1:27 am
I gave mine a beautiful gold art tefillah lerofei to hang in his office. He really appreciated it.

Sesame

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:34 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:

No idea why the organization is controversial and I don’t see a “hijack”. I think it’s a very appropriate suggestion to ops question. If she thinks it’s not the right fit then that’s okay too, it’s just a suggestion.

Op, I gave my dr chocolate covered nuts in a dish. Dr was not happy about the contents and told me off #lessonlearned
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics