Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
If I am Israeli citizen can I go to Israel not vaccinated
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:01 pm
With my kids,0-10yo?
We all have israeli and American passports?

bobeli

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:43 pm
Probably yes but you have to quarantine for some time, check chaim ve chessed

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:57 am
Yes but you will have to mask, quarrauntine for 10 days I think, and do lots of tests to get in and out.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:08 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Yes but you will have to mask, quarrauntine for 10 days I think, and do lots of tests to get in and out.

This is true, but just to add that the vaccinated have to mask and test just as much as yhe unvaccinated (bc the vaccinated also get sick and also can spread). At one point the vaccinated did not have to quarantine, but I believe they do now.

Vaccination will reduce your chance of getting very sick if you are high risk, but will not prevent you from being forced to mask or quarantine. Only moving to Florida can do that.

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:16 am
If you are not vaccinated you will need to observe a full week of bidud with negative tests on the first and seventh days. They are checking up on people.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:20 am
Vaccinated need to quarantine for 24 hours only.

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:21 am
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
This is true, but just to add that the vaccinated have to mask and test just as much as yhe unvaccinated (bc the vaccinated also get sick and also can spread). At one point the vaccinated did not have to quarantine, but I believe they do now.

Yes, currently, the quarantine for vaccinated people coming in to Israel is only 3 days (pending 2 negative PCR tests).

(Not that this is relevant to he OP's question.)

Elfrida

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:33 am
amother [ Bottlebrush ] wrote:
Vaccinated need to quarantine for 24 hours only.

Anyone who is fully vaccinated has to take one negative test on entering the country, then observe three days of bidud before taking a second test. After they get the results of the second test, they are free to go where they want (assuming it was negative).

Fully vaccinated means recovered and having had at least one dose at any time, two doses within the past six months or three doses, currently with no time limit.

Anyone who is unvaccinated has to observe a full weeks bidud, with one negative test on entering the country, and one on the seventh day. Assuming both are negative they are free to go anywhere that does not require a green pass.

For anything that does require a green pass they would have to do further negative tests as necessary, at their own expense. A temporary green pass based on a negative test is valid for 72 hours.

All Israeli citizens are required to wear masks when entering a public enclosed space, regardless of vaccine status.

Last edited by Elfrida on Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total

marriedlady

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:33 am
Unvaccinated must quarantine and if test on day 1 and 7 it’s only 7 days

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:56 am
Elfrida wrote:
Anyone who is fully vaccinated has to take one negative test on entering the country, then observe three days of bidud before taking a second test. After they get the results of the second test, they are free to go where they want (assuming it was negative).

Fully vaccinated means recovered and having had at least one dose at any time, two doses within the past six months or three doses, currently with no time limit.

Anyone who is unvaccinated has to observe a full weeks bidud, with one negative test on entering the country, and one on the seventh day. Assuming both are negative they are free to go anywhere that does not require a green pass.

For anything that does require a green pass they would have to do further negative tests as necessary, at their own expense. A temporary green pass based on a negative test is valid for 72 hours.

All Israeli citizens are required to wear masks when entering a public enclosed space, regardless of vaccine status.

PSA to anyone reading:

Elfrida is an Israeli healthcare worker who knows all the Israeli covid rules. If you are ever getting conflicting info about Israeli covid rules, listen to Elfrida! Not worthy

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 3:05 am
Thanks, so I understand this will apply to kids,age newborn to 10 as well?

Thinking to come pesach not now)

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 3:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And adults.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 3:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It would apply to children over the age of five, and I doubt any younger ones will be going out on their own if you are in bidud.

I don't think think anyone is prepared to predict what the regulations will be by Pesach. That's over four months away! They do want to open the country to some level of tourism, but it will depend on so many other factors that it is impossible to predict. The current regulations were imposed for an initial period of two weeks, to give us more time to learn about Omicrom, but they could be repealed or extended at a moments notice.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 3:22 am
DrMom wrote:
PSA to anyone reading:

Elfrida is an Israeli healthcare worker who knows all the Israeli covid rules. If you are ever getting conflicting info about Israeli covid rules, listen to Elfrida! Not worthy

Thank you, but be aware that I make mistakes as well!

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 3:35 am
Not sure why I'm the first to say it but many ppl I know that have been coming in now do NOT actually quarrentine, after your first PCR test in the airport if u are neg ur fine! just give a diff adress

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 3:47 am
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
Not sure why I'm the first to say it but many ppl I know that have been coming in now do NOT actually quarrentine, after your first PCR test in the airport if u are neg ur fine! just give a diff adress

Right, and that's illegal.

It used to be that if your airport test was negative, you were good to go. Since Omicron, they require vaccinated people to quarantine until their day 3 test comes back negative. Unvaccinated people must quarantine until their day 7 test comes back negative, or else quarantine the full 14 days.

If people aren't quarantining, that is a violation of the law. If they aren't Israelis they risk being deported and barred from entering for 5 years, and if they are Israelis they face criminal charges.

It's also not legal to give a different quarantine address.

People doing these things are the ones responsible for any and all outbreaks and also for Israel's draconian laws - if we could trust people to keep the quarantine rules, we wouldn't need such tight entry rules.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 3:51 am

Shocking.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 4:57 am

I'm also not sure why you find it necessary to advertise that people who consider themselves frum are lying and breaking the law. These people are the cause of new variants spreading more rapidly, and harsher restrictions being imposed on everyone.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:10 am
Funny story about people keeping rules. We came to Israel recently. The rules very clearly said we had to quarantine for a few hours until we got a negative test result. We had a lot of hassle with our green pass but our local israeli embassy helped us with permissions and paperwork. Fine, we did test at airport, went to our host, then we got an email saying we have to be in bidud for 10 days (or a week, I can't remember). We were only in Israel for a few days, and there was something we had to be at the next day. (the whole reason for coming to Israel.) We spoke to our Israeli ambassador from where we live, to see if they could help, (who is not frum btw), and was also visiting Israel, and they said they got the same email about being in bidud for 10 days but just ignored it.

We didn't want to rely on that though so we made a bunch of phone calls until we we finally got an email saying we no longer had to be in bidud.

The whole system was a mess at the beginning when they opened up in November. We are fully vaccinated AND recovered with 2 negative tests and we still had so much hassle. Hopefully it is getting better.

Having said that it is true no one was really checking up on us.

If you do come in and don't keep the rules and have covid and pass it on you will be found out though.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:22 am

I think advocating for breaking the law is against site rules.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics