Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:32 am
I’ve tried my usual method of cooking on high for a few hours and turning to low before Shabbos but ended up with most of the cholent baked on the sides of the slow cooker. I tried putting it up right before Shabbos on low with the same results. Am I supposed to keep it on warm? I always thought warm isn’t a setting that’s food safe for more than two hours?
I use enough liquid.
Any tips for removing super baked on cholent from the sides of the crock? It takes a week of soaking and scrubbing.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’ve tried my usual method of cooking on high for a few hours and turning to low before Shabbos but ended up with most of the cholent baked on the sides of the slow cooker. I tried putting it up right before Shabbos on low with the same results. Am I supposed to keep it on warm? I always thought warm isn’t a setting that’s food safe for more than two hours?
I use enough liquid.
Any tips for removing super baked on cholent from the sides of the crock? It takes a week of soaking and scrubbing.

Continue putting it up right before Shabbos on low. Use much much more liquid than you are used to. The Hamilton Beach crockpots really cook, with even heat, unlike many others, so you need to revamp your liquids.

ila

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:37 am
Soak and after put water and baking soda and put it on for some time

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:51 am
Thank you, will try with more liquid. (Really thought I have been using A LOT!)
And ty for the baking soda tip! My sponges are shredded by the scrubbing.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 2:15 pm
Maybe try using the plastic liners. That saves the cleaning part for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note