Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The Fat smash diet

Emee

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 9:49 am
Okay I posted in another forum how I lost 7 lbs in 7 days and I got alot of PM's asking for more info so to make it easier I thought I woudl just post the info here and then anyone who is interested can find out more.

The Fat Smash Diet is a diet created by Dr. Ian K. Smith. I got the book from my local library and I suggest you do the same.

The formal diet is a 90 day program and it is divided into 4 phases.
Phase 1 is detox (this is where you lose alot) after phase 1 you will lose the normal 1-2 lbs but phase one will jumpstart the loss and get you excited and motivated!

Phase I - Detox - This phase lasts 9 days. In this phase you will eat mostly fruits and vegetables. The idea is to cleanse your body of junk and you eliminate things like alcohol and caffeine. You can eat all the fruits & veggies you want except white potatoes and avocados. You also can have the following: legumes/beans & tofu, 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 cups of brown rice, 2 cups lowfat or 1% milk, 2 6oz yogurts and 4 eggwhites (eggbeaters) only water & 2 cups of herbal tea to drink. You also get a very limited amount of olive oil dressing to use. This Phase lasts for 9 days.

2. Phase II - Foundation - This phase lasts 3 weeks. In this phase you eat the same foods as phase I, except you will reintroduce lean meats. Phase 2 is for 3 weeks and you keep everything you are eating in phase I & add in most protein meat chicken turkey fish (except pork), 1 whole egg add unsweetend ceral, 1 oz of cheese, coffee 1 10 oz cup & 2 diet pops a day come back.

3. Phase III - Construction - This phase lasts 4 weeks. In this phase you eat the same foods as phase I & II except you will reintroduce whole wheat pastaand bread. Phase 3 4 weeks: increase the amounts of protein, adds ff mayo & peanut butter, 2 whole eggs, 3 cups of lf milk now & 1.3 oz of lf/ff cheese, 2 cups of freshly squeezed juice & whole grains bread 4 slices a day, 1 cup of pasta and 1 desert serving per day.

4. Phase IV - The Temple - This phase is for life. In this phase you eat the same foods as phase I,II, & III. In addition to those foods, you can eat some white starches (ie. white rice, potatoes) as well as have a couple of glasses of wine or beer each week. Phase 4 for life every food you want come back including alchol & all sweets/chips everything. the idea is your able to now handle a snack or high fat meal & go back to your regular good habits you have learned to retrain your body with.

Emee

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 9:50 am
So here's the list of authorized foods for the first nine days. Basically, if it's not on here, you can't have it.

Authorized foods:
-Fruit in any quantity
-Veggies in any quantity except:
-No white potatoes
-No avocados
-Protein sources:
-Chickpeas
-Beans
-Tofu
-Lentils
-Brown rice, two cups of cooked rice per day
-Skim milk, two cups per day
-Water
-Oatmeal, one cup per day
-Herbs and spices
-Low fat yogurt, 6 oz., two times per day
-Egg whites, Four cups per day
-Herbal tea, two cups per day
-Low fat dressing, No more than three tablespoons per salad
-Low fat virgin olive oil, one or two teaspoons if grilling veggies

Emee

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 9:52 am
Ps: In phase 1 you must exercise 30 minutes a day 5x a week! Cardio only!!

Akeres Habayis

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 3:17 pm
I DIDNT SEE COFFEE ON HERE!!!
OH MY GOSH WHAT WILL I DO!!!!

Emee

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 3:24 pm
You will survive but if you really feel like you can't so do it anyways wand drink coffee. someone I saw on another forum did that and she still lost!

Maya

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 3:30 pm
How does this work over Shabbos?

Emee

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 3:43 pm
Here is what I did
I drank grape juice at kiddush. I ate a kazyis of challah.

I ate salads and chumus.

fish I skipped

soup I made vegetable soup and ate that

The main course I did not have chicken but ate the kugels. I made a sweet potato, zucchini carrot kugel and I forget what other kugel...another vegetable one though.

I skipped desert.

If you start the diet on the right day you only have to do it for one shabbos.

Oh and by lunch I put beans in the cholenty intead of barley and put a sweet potato in it too. My kids and DH ate whitepotatoes and meat and I ate the sweet potato and beans.

It actually was a very delicious shabbos and I didn't find it a pain at all.

Emee

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 3:45 pm
as for exercies I exercise sunday to thursday and have friday and shabbos as my days off but occasionnaly I will worko out motsei shabbos too.

Seraph

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 3:58 pm
Sounds good! I think I'll do it once I finish all my purim nosh.
Can you give an example of ur usual meals for the day in each stage?

Emee

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 4:31 pm
Well I am only in phase 2 and today's meal consists of chocolate covered hamantaschen!! oops!1

In phase 1 I would have smoothies for breakfast soy milk with fruit or sometimes just fruit

for lunch & dinner I would have grilled portobello mushrooms or other veggies. I woudl put carrots and zuchini etc. with olive oil and onion soup mix and roast for an hour. Also those zoglos veggie products those are good and are badatz aida charedis so accessible to all!

snacks: edamame (soybeans) I made oatmeal cookies, yogurt

I hope that helps.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 8:29 pm
this is very interesting, I never heard of it

First Lady

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 11:13 pm
Emee, what about Pesach. If I start let's say next week Sunday I'll be going right into Pesach by phase 1 and don't want all my efforts especially the cleansing phase go to waste. Maybe I should start after Pesach.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 7:35 pm
Hi I see this is for along time ago we’re u succeful? Did you end up loosing weight ? Not doing well this chanuka and looking for a good diet!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 8:46 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Hi I see this is for along time ago we’re u succeful? Did you end up loosing weight ? Not doing well this chanuka and looking for a good diet!

Don't fall for the hype about losing weight quickly. Losing weight is easy. Losing only the weight and not your money, your sanity and your will to live is a bit harder, as is maintaining the weight after you wreck your metabolism.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 1:57 am
If you search for the authors posts after this, you’ll see what she posted. She hasn’t posted in almost ten years and it looks like she had a hard time with food ongoing. There are no magic bullets.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:18 am
andrea levy wrote:
If you search for the authors posts after this, you’ll see what she posted. She hasn’t posted in almost ten years and it looks like she had a hard time with food ongoing. There are no magic bullets.

Absolutely. There are no magic bullets.
You’ve said yourself that your weight loss is also miraculous.
Therefore I respectfully ask you not to push your way of life onto people.
You have in the past created the same hype around your weight loss and diet, urging people to try it…

This creates shame for those that try and aren’t successful.
I’m happy it worked for you, you’ve gained health and years on your life! Well done to you!

Please be more careful how you promote NSNG. People who fail at diets are likely to fail at yours.

The stars were aligned and you got lucky.
It’s possible this wouldn’t have worked for you, 20 years ago.

Don’t replicate the diet cycle and mentality because it worked for you.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:03 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Absolutely. There are no magic bullets.
You’ve said yourself that your weight loss is also miraculous.
Therefore I respectfully ask you not to push your way of life onto people.
You have in the past created the same hype around your weight loss and diet, urging people to try it…

This creates shame for those that try and aren’t successful.
I’m happy it worked for you, you’ve gained health and years on your life! Well done to you!

Please be more careful how you promote NSNG. People who fail at diets are likely to fail at yours.

The stars were aligned and you got lucky.
It’s possible this wouldn’t have worked for you, 20 years ago.

Don’t replicate the diet cycle and mentality because it worked for you.

If you want to discuss this with me personally, please IM me. I do not hype anything, I offer support. I share my lived experience. Whether someone succeeds or not. And if you’ve ever discussed it with me personally then you’ll know that I don’t think weightloss is a priority, I think that working out what works for a person ongoing is a priority. You clearly are not paying attention to what I’m saying when I am talking about a plan having to be sustainable for a person. I don’t tell folks how to do that. I share what worked for me. Nsng is a jumping off point. If you have a problem with me, tell me to my face. If you think I’m about diet mentality, you’re not reading what I write.

The OP has not posted for almost ten years on any topic and she is clearly not going to answer now. One can infer from posts written after this that it wasn’t so helpful to her. That is what the last poster asked for. I’m sorry for that, but if it was successful, she did not post about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise