Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Help me get a book

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:33 am
Ok I want to have a frum book because I took on myself to only read frum books on shabbos and well we again in kinda of lockdown and can't get mishpacha or Ami here so I have to do it with books.

Anyhoo... I think I have cookbooks enough I'm mostly cooking now from PCL. Not much baking at the moment. Busy with healthy eating.
I'm now enjoying the book by Rav Zilberstein to remain a Jew it's amazing. I look like books like that. I already read everything from Rigler. I'm not into frum novels they are boring tbh. I the book about Rav Grossman bigtime, Tosher Rebbe... Oh, and I loved the book of Rebbetzin Jungreis!!

I was thinking to get the Reb Getzel book but I'm not sure, also thinking about A tap on the shoulder, I think that is more fitting. I've never read the book about Rav Levin a tzaddik for eternity I'm thinking to buy it anyway because it seems like a book you just can get chizzuk out for always...

As self-help, I loved the last book of Twerski zt'l. I can borrow the new book of Rubashkin as soon as my friend finished.

So any suggestions?

dena613

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:47 am
all for the boss, and anything by ruchoma shain(I think many are out of print)
Rav aryeh levin-a tzaddik in our times
Henny machine- emunah with love and chicken soup (or is that by rigler?)
Tap on the shoulder
Rabbi trenk- Just love them (haven't read yet)
Rav gissinger- at any hour teen
Biography of rebbetzin kanievsky by artscroll

dena613

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:48 am
Incredible!
Shloime

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:51 am
dena613 wrote:
all for the boss, and anything by ruchoma shain(I think many are out of print)
Rav aryeh levin-a tzaddik in our times
Henny machine- emunah with love and chicken soup (or is that by rigler?)
Tap on the shoulder
Rabbi trenk- Just love them (haven't read yet)
Rav gissinger- at any hour teen
Biography of rebbetzin kanievsky by artscroll

Oh I loved All for the Boss I borrowd it from my friend!!!! And Henny Machlis was also so amazing!!!!
Rabbi Trenk was also really really amazing and I totally got chills of the tzaddekeis of Rebbetzin Kanievsky.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:04 am
OK... I've decided... Something what will I hope have chizzuk for eternity, Rav Aryeh Levin, Tap on the shoulder and just because to avoid shipping I added headlines 3 for my husband

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 11:12 am
You are getting phenomenal suggestions. I'll add the ArtScroll biographies about R' Moshe Reichmann and Rav Gustman. (Did I miss them?) There are more that I'm sure will come to me.
Oh, The 28th of Iyar is more memoir than biography. Incredibly beautiful. All of Rabbi Feldman's works are elegant but this was just magnificent.
A word about A Tzadik in Our Times: It's an awesome book. But give yourself time to get into it. It's not the type of writing you'll encounter in much of current ArtScroll.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room