Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Betzalel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:56 pm
Other than Betzalel in tanach and the obvious beautiful literal meaning...

Anyone have other feelings towards this name? We really like the significance in tanach but anything else we should know about?

Thank you

bigsis144

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:04 pm
Because the original Betzalel was an artist, I often find that kids with this name have “artsy” parents who value creativity and artistic skills like music or painting etc.

When I meet a kid named Betzalel, I tend to look for a mother with unique earrings or a colorful scarf, lol.

I love the name myself, and I am also an artsy lady 😉

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:07 pm
That's my brother's name.

He is one fantastic boy! He'll make a great husband and father one day beH.

hodeez

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:08 pm
So wanted to name my son that but didn't like that the nickname would be Betsy lol

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:12 pm
I have a Betzalel. His bris was on Sukkos. So we say he is "in the shadow of Hashem, just like the Sukkah."
I'm not artsy!
And his friends call him Bitzy, but doesn't mind.

Mom/Bubby/Morah

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:15 pm
I know a family where that must’ve been a zeidy’s name because all the siblings have one. Nickname is Tzally.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:21 pm
I had a Rebbetzin who was extremely into names and their kabbalistic meanings, she had a hundred different shitas on names and even taught a class about names.
She had one child, named Betzalel, so I always think it’s a super holy name.
It’s gorgeous and I would assume the nickname is Tzally although if I had one I’d try hard fir him to be just Betzalel no nickname

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:54 pm
I have a betzalel and I'm not artsy at all. My betzalel is BH very clever with his hands and very capable...not artsy, but definitely a builder type. It's a beautiful name, and he goes by "betzalel" but occasionally we'll call him tzaltzal or bitzy...

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 3:34 am
It's a beautiful middle name for Yaakov. The meaning of the whole name Yaakov Betzalel is "He will follow in Gd's shadow".

It has a lot of potential to be paired with other names for wonderful meanings too like Simcha Betzalel ("there is happiness in Gd's shadow")

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:17 am
My son is a Betzalel and we call him Tzali for short. We just love it.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:25 am
My friends named their son Betzalel because the father's name was Uri and the original from the Torah was Betzalel ben Uri.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 6:08 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
My son is a Betzalel and we call him Tzali for short. We just love it.

I know a Tzali too. I think it's such a cute name.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:08 am
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
It's a beautiful middle name for Yaakov. The meaning of the whole name Yaakov Betzalel is "He will follow in Gd's shadow".

It has a lot of potential to be paired with other names for wonderful meanings too like Simcha Betzalel ("there is happiness in Gd's shadow")
I never knew this. My nephews name is Betzalel Yaakov.

He is called : Tzali

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:41 pm
Thanks so much for all these responses! I am wondering why it's not a more common name, wasn't sure if I was missing something.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:46 pm
One of my boys is named Betzalel. Such a special name to me!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:51 pm
I have always loved that name. If DD had been a boy, that was at the top of my list for boy names.

But then again, I'm an artsy person with a colorful scarf and interesting earrings. Wink

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:26 pm
That’s my husbands name

He is very creative, artistic and handy as well

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 12:13 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I never knew this. My nephews name is Betzalel Yaakov.

He is called : Tzali

Bumping this as this name intrigues me. For us, Betzalel is a mouth full so I would deff need a nickname. Is Tzali pronounced "Zoli" or "Tz-olli like tzippi"?

BetsyTacy

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 12:15 pm
[quote="amother [ Olive ]"]Bumping this as this name intrigues me. For us, Betzalel is a mouth full so I would deff need a nickname. Is Tzali pronounced "Zoli" or "Tz-olli like tzippi"?[/quot

Tz-olli.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 12:16 pm
[quote="BetsyTacy"]
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Bumping this as this name intrigues me. For us, Betzalel is a mouth full so I would deff need a nickname. Is Tzali pronounced "Zoli" or "Tz-olli like tzippi"?[/quot

Tz-olli.

I have a tzippi... is a tzolli and a tzippi going to be confusing? They will be 7 years apart G-d willing.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names