Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Charles Tyrwhitt help

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:29 pm
I'm trying to order shirts for my son from Charles Tyrwhitt to bring to Israel (if we can get in 🤔) First time ordering from them. So many options. Want white, non-iron. What else do I want? So many options...collar spread, poplin, twill, bla bla bla. Is there a basic everyday shirt? Also, what's good shabbos shirt...herringbone looks nice. All advice appreciated. Really want non-iron. Hate when shirts claim they're non iron but then come out of dryer wrinkly.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:31 pm
I'd have to ask DH....He does the orders.

I know nothing lol. Doesn't your husband know?

coffeetime

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:33 pm
My husband wears this brand and I don't iron the non-iron.

Watch out for cufflink or buttons. Some people don't like cufflinks!!

If you filter the items by non iron, size, and sleeve length, and colour it will limit your options and help you decide!

Odelyah

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 11:39 pm
the type that most of my sons have worn for years is the non-iron twill fabric, with a spread collar and regular cuff. for weekday, but also shabbos. for shabbos those who like cufflinks get one or more with french cuffs. also, for shabbos they might get one herringbone (non-iron--only non-iron! Smile) to switch it up a little, but really they wear the twill almost all the time. the other main thing to clarify is fit. my super slim sons get the super-slim or extra-slim fit. my not as slim son gets the slim fit. I recently got some for my slim husband who doesn't go for the super skinny look, so I got him the slim fit. also non-iron twill and spread collar for him. those things are pretty standard I think. hope this helps!

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 11:46 pm
Google brroksbrothers shirts and there will be a link for Charles twirth for 3 shirts for 99 $ and free delivery - it didn’t work for me but they honored the offer by phone

boysrus

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 11:47 pm
get the white twill, non iron. thats what all teh bochurim wear.
ask your son if he likes classic, spread or semi spread collar.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 12:46 am
Thanks so much ladies - super helpful! Seems like spread collar is the thing. Wasn't really sure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics